The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonschool
Ordering my bus pass and I need the amount of hours per week that the course will offer. My course is Multimedia Computing.

Hi,

From what i remember, that is an optional field. A rough estimate however would be around 24 hours a week. You shouldn't be penalized for using an estimation there.

Josh
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Kash24411
Hi Josh,

Im just wondering if any of the catered options on campus will be open on weekends?

Thanks

Hi,

Catered options should be open on the weekends, but in limited capacity.

Josh
Original post by suitable
How long is the wait for an accommodation application to be accepted?

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't a concrete answer at the moment, we have made offers to the majority of our clearing and adjustment students an offer, but are waiting on one final pool of people. You will be made an offer shortly.

Good luck
Josh
I'm am so disappointed with aston uni! All my friends who received a place through clearing at different uni's have received accommodation offers! I struggled to get onto the website to apply due to 'website difficulties' and then received my aston student number so late - making me apply for accommodation late. It's been a week now and my application status is "awaiting verification" And I haven't heard nothing. I have less than a month till I start aston uni,and all off campus accommodation has been sold out! I am so angry at the fact that I have nowhere to live and I am not been kept up to date with my application. I am considering decling my offer from the uni and applying somewhere else next year . I understand that many people may have applied and that I'm not guranteed accommodation but telling me to wait till the 2nd week of Sep is appauling!!! Don't recommend anyone to apply to aston through clearing it just equals more stress and it's not worth it!
How long is the wait for an accommodation application to be accepted?

Hey when did you apply for accommodation? I'm having the same issue and am getting worried!
Original post by Hannah_hxx
I'm am so disappointed with aston uni! All my friends who received a place through clearing at different uni's have received accommodation offers! I struggled to get onto the website to apply due to 'website difficulties' and then received my aston student number so late - making me apply for accommodation late. It's been a week now and my application status is "awaiting verification" And I haven't heard nothing. I have less than a month till I start aston uni,and all off campus accommodation has been sold out! I am so angry at the fact that I have nowhere to live and I am not been kept up to date with my application. I am considering decling my offer from the uni and applying somewhere else next year . I understand that many people may have applied and that I'm not guranteed accommodation but telling me to wait till the 2nd week of Sep is appauling!!! Don't recommend anyone to apply to aston through clearing it just equals more stress and it's not worth it!

Hi,

Sorry to hear you're having a stressful time. We are aware we have a number of students waiting to hear from accommodation right now. We will be sending out communications today which will either be an offer, or an update on your progress in the queue. I'm sure you can understand, whilst we haven't got back to you yet, the accommodation team are working feverishly to process the other thousands of applications.

You'll hear from us shortly

Josh
Reply 466
Original post by Laura_N
I got CCD and I was only two marks off the B for Biology, I feel I'm not getting the info I need, I've applied for priority remarks, have you heard anything?
Aston, if you can give me some advice that would be great!

Hey sorry for the late reply by biology grade turned into a C and went up by 10 ums. But im not going aston anymore Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hannah_hxx
Hey when did you apply for accommodation? I'm having the same issue and am getting worried!

I applied at 9am on wednesday, nearly been a week and still had nothing back. So annoying.

I've started to look into private accommodation now, but there's nearly nothing left.
Reply 468
Hi,
I accepted my offer for on campus accommodation just over a week ago but MAY have to cancel . I have a 51 week contract as I will be a postgraduate student.

In the licence agreement it says that if i cancel my licence and if the uni cannot find someone to replace me in my flat after I cancel, I will be liable for the full licence fee. I may have to cancel but need to know what are the chances that someone will be found to replace me.

Do you know how many postgraduates are on the waiting list for accommodation on campus? When does the final round of allocation of rooms take place? And when do you recommend that I cancel by to ensure they find someone to replace me? Because I really don't want to cancel and have to pay the full licence fee when I'm not going to be able to live on campus.

I emailed the [email protected] and haven't got a reply.

Thank you in advance:smile:
Over a week after applying for aston accomodation I just got an email saying sorry looks like you might not get a room, oh and all the private accomodation is gone.
Over a week after applying for aston accomodation I just got an email saying sorry looks like you might not get a room, oh and all the private accomodation is gone.

Hi,

I applied to accommodation a similar time ago to you and also have been told I may not get a room and I am so worried now I'll be in accommodation that doesn't include other undergraduates I'm looking at accommodation on Bagot Street.
Hi, I was just wondering how long it will be before we get our timetables?
Hi busy bee. My daughter was sent a login yesterday that allows her to access her timetable online.
Original post by kaiserschmarrn
Hi busy bee. My daughter was sent a login yesterday that allows her to access her timetable online.

I got the same however the link with my unique timetable doesn't work so I can't view it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
RE: Timetables: Provisional ones are being sent out at various rates by different schools. However everything should be more concrete by September 14th when international orientation week begins.
Hey,

I was just wondering about the £250 deposit. Will the £250 be taken off from my first term rent or do I still have to pay the full amount?

Thanks
Original post by Amaani.AA
Hey,

I was just wondering about the £250 deposit. Will the £250 be taken off from my first term rent or do I still have to pay the full amount?

Thanks

Hi,

Sorry for the slow response, your deposit isn't actually deducted at any point, it's refunded to you at the end of the year if you meet the conditions of your contract.

Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

Sorry for the slow response, your deposit isn't actually deducted at any point, it's refunded to you at the end of the year if you meet the conditions of your contract.

Josh

Quick question, is the card that we used to pay for the accomodation deposit the one that Aston will use to pay for our accommodation? And also do we have to apply for income based scholarships or are they automatically given? Thanks in advance
Hi again,

Sorry for all the questions but this one is regarding freshers. I know the gold and silver bands go on sale on the 7th but I was wondering if there was a set number of them? Like will they run out, meaning you'll have to buy them asap or will you still be able to purchase them a couple of days later?

Thanks
Will we be allocated a time to arrive on moving-in day?

Quick Reply

Latest