The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone applied/ received an offer for the International Business and Economics course?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Aquatix96
Has anyone applied/ received an offer for the International Business and Economics course?

I got one for International Business and Management :smile:
Original post by powerpuff_girl
I got one for International Business and Management :smile:

Nice! I have offers from 4 of my chosen unis :smile: Do you have any others?
Nice! I have offers from 4 of my chosen unis :smile: Do you have any others?

I also have 4 offers ^^ from Aston, Sheffield Hallam, Kent and Uni of Birmingham, still waiting for one from Coventry I am totally firming Aston, what about you ? ^__^
I also have 4 offers ^^ from Aston, Sheffield Hallam, Kent and Uni of Birmingham, still waiting for one from Coventry :smile: I am totally firming Aston, what about you ? ^__^

I have offers from Manchester, Loughborough, Leicester, just waiting for Uni of Birmingham. I am stuck between Manchester and Aston for my firm!:s-smilie:
Have you applied for Business and Management for all those unis?:smile:
I have offers from Manchester, Loughborough, Leicester, just waiting for Uni of Birmingham. I am stuck between Manchester and Aston for my firm!:s-smilie:
Have you applied for Business and Management for all those unis?:smile:

Well in Aston as I said it's International Business and Management
-University of Birmingham is Business Management
-Univeristy of Kent - International Business
-Sheffield Hallam - Business and Financial Management :smile:

I would choose Aston because of the work placement .. as far as I know it really opens doors ^^
Well in Aston as I said it's International Business and Management
-University of Birmingham is Business Management
-Univeristy of Kent - International Business
-Sheffield Hallam - Business and Financial Management :smile:

I would choose Aston because of the work placement .. as far as I know it really opens doors ^^

I know Aston offers a work placement, but so does Manchester, and the course I chose at Manchester (International Business, Finance and Economics) just looks really interesting. :redface: However, I haven't been to Manchester yet, so I should go look round when they invite me for a visit day.
I know Aston offers a work placement, but so does Manchester, and the course I chose at Manchester (International Business, Finance and Economics) just looks really interesting. :redface: However, I haven't been to Manchester yet, so I should go look round when they invite me for a visit day.

Sorry, my bad I didn't know Manchester also offer a placement :smile: well in this case no matter which you choose you won't regret it I am sure :smile: I haven't been to Birmingham but I am just inlove with the city and I really set my heart on Aston ^^ good luck with the offer though :smile: where are you from btw ?
Sorry, my bad I didn't know Manchester also offer a placement :smile: well in this case no matter which you choose you won't regret it I am sure :smile: I haven't been to Birmingham but I am just inlove with the city and I really set my heart on Aston ^^ good luck with the offer though :smile: where are you from btw ?

Thanks, and you too :biggrin: I've been to Aston and it's a lovely atmosphere there, everyone's so friendly! I know you'll love it there. I'm from a small town called Rugby, which is in the Midlands, near Coventry and Birmingham. What about you?:smile:
Yes I have heard it ^^ I am from Bulgaria :smile:
Yes I have heard it ^^ I am from Bulgaria :smile:

You're an international student or are you originally from Bulgaria?
I am originally from Bulgaria and I am currently living there but as far as my country is in the EU I am not being concidered as an international student :smile: not sure if I said it clear enough :biggrin:
I am originally from Bulgaria and I am currently living there but as far as my country is in the EU I am not being concidered as an international student :smile: not sure if I said it clear enough :biggrin:

That made perfect sense, don't worry :smile: What's it like in Bulgaria?
That made perfect sense, don't worry :smile: What's it like in Bulgaria?

Well right now it's cold I would say generally it's nice people are quite hospitable however the education is not as good as the one in England that's why I chose to study in your country
Well right now it's cold I would say generally it's nice people are quite hospitable however the education is not as good as the one in England that's why I chose to study in your country

I guess education is good in England. That's why I moved here when I was younger. :smile: The weather can be a bit wet at times, but that depends where you go. I'm sure you'll enjoy England. :biggrin: Will you go back to Bulgaria after uni or stay in England / go to another country?
I have been in the UK twice already but just for holidays and the weather doesnt really bother me I believe I will get used to it ^^ And as sad as it may sound I don't have plans for going back in Bulgaria .. to live permanently I mean :smile: Having said that you moved there I assume you are not originally from England then :smile:
I have been in the UK twice already but just for holidays and the weather doesnt really bother me I believe I will get used to it ^^ And as sad as it may sound I don't have plans for going back in Bulgaria .. to live permanently I mean :smile: Having said that you moved there I assume you are not originally from England then :smile:

This is a bit of a weird one, but here goes:biggrin: I have African parents, Ghanaian to be exact, but I was born in Holland and lived there until 2005, then I moved to England. What do you want to do in the future, in terms of career or further education?
This is a bit of a weird one, but here goes:biggrin: I have African parents, Ghanaian to be exact, but I was born in Holland and lived there until 2005, then I moved to England. What do you want to do in the future, in terms of career or further education?

Sounds interesting ^___^ Career .. well I havent thought that far in the future ^^ arriving at Birmingham more specifically at Aston for now is my greatest desire and my biggest goal

Soinds interesting ^___^ Career .. well I havent thought that far in the future ^^ arriving at Birmingham more specifically at Aston for now is my greatest desire and my biggest goal

Great, well I hope you get the grades to achieve your goal :smile: Who knows, we may even meet each other at Aston! :biggrin:
Original post by Aston University
Hey guys and gals, the purpose of this thread is obviously if you wish to ask the university any questions in particular, I myself have just graduated with my combined honours degree in Psychology and Sociology and have been employed by the university itself to work in the social media department. Thus I should be able to give you insight on a number of things such as courses, accommodation, student life, night-life, societies and any general pointers for those of you whom are about to become Aston students for the next four years.

FYI - If you have questions about accommodation you should forward an email to [email protected]

Don't be shy. :smile:
Josh

Hi! I'm hopefully firming Aston for Optometry and had a few general questions...

1) When do we start to apply for accommodation and can friends get rooms in the same flat (sharing a kitchen) in student accommodation?
2) Are there any supermarket express stores on campus? And how far is the main supermarket?

3) Are we allowed mini fridges in our rooms?

4) Is there wifi in the flats?

5) Is there a laundry service?

Sorry about all the questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest