The Student Room Group

IMDb Top 250

Name 5 films from this list that you feel shouldn't be there.

Try with the most recent ones. Because most fans here will have seen them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
Avengers Assemble
Snatch
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Dark Knight

...I could go on, btw.
Good thread! Raiders of the Lost Ark, Saving Private Ryan, The Fellowship of the Ring (haven't seen the others but they're probably just as bad), the Dark Knight Rises and Monty Python and the Holy Grail (stupid and not funny).

I think it's a good list overall and most of the films on it are worth watching but it's all in the wrong order. Most of the top 20 belong below 150.
Original post by Mackay
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II
Avengers Assemble
Snatch
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Dark Knight

...I could go on, btw.

Guardians was great. I guess you don't have a sense of humour.
Pulp fiction. I really enjoy Tarantino movies, but I don't think that they're that profound or special. If you actually look at the story line to Pulp, its pretty average (a boxer who cons a gang leader and gets away with it, some hit men get lucky by not getting shot, etc), but its the wacky structure that mesmerises people.
I've barely watched any of these and the ones I've watched aren't really bad. :colondollar:

Tempted to say Black Swan. It really freaked me out. I think I was in Year 8 when I watched it? So weird and it had an annoying ending. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Rear Window, Dr Strangelove, The Departed (probably), Django Unchained, 12 years a Slave
There's so much dross on that list.

No superhero movie should be considered.
I'm going to have to say The Avengers, it wasn't that great to be honest. Probably an unpopular opinion, though.
Reply 9
Untouchable, Django Unchained, Toy Story 3, Empire Strikes Back, Wolf of Wall Street. Something like that.
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Slumdog Millionaire
The Avengers
Star Wars IV
Wall-e
Full Metal Jacket
There Will Be Blood

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Marky Mark
Guardians was great. I guess you don't have a sense of humour.

Yeah it's definitely one of the greatest 250 films ever made.

It's got a ****ing wrestler in it.
Reply 13
Original post by Mackay
Yeah it's definitely one of the greatest 250 films ever made.

It's got a ****ing wrestler in it.

Sorry to be blunt but surely you lot must have spent a fair amount of time on IDMB before? Films always peak straight away with some ridiculously high score, which then evens out over time, I gurantee you in a years time it'll not be in the top 250.
Reply 14
Original post by Yasmin25

Full Metal Jacket
There Will Be Blood

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got some serious explaining to do?! lol :tongue:
Original post by Tom78
You've got some serious explaining to do?! lol :tongue:

Lol I knew someone would disagree with me :tongue:
As war films go, I found Full Metal Jacket to be ok but not amazing and There Will Be Blood I just found so incredibly boring and felt it dragged out. Daniel Day Lewis' performance was amazing as usual however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Tom78
Sorry to be blunt but surely you lot must have spent a fair amount of time on IDMB before? Films always peak straight away with some ridiculously high score, which then evens out over time, I gurantee you in a years time it'll not be in the top 250.

Of course I have. It's exasperating.
Because they're either just plain average or just plain crap :smile:

Slumdog
Elite Squad
The Raid 2
Pirates of the Caribbean
Avengers Assemble

A few years ago, I noticed Brazil (1985) was on the list, but some moron decided it wasn't one of the greatest films ever made and replaced it with the likes of the above.
Reply 18
How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon 2
The Wolf of Wall Street
Avengers Assemble
Rush

I still think these are all good films but for me anyway they just really stuck out when I was going through the list. Quite a few films which do deserve to be on the list are ranked far too highly (Dark Knight Rises, Toy Story 3, Guardians of the Galaxy)
Reply 19
Original post by CCH0705
How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon 2
The Wolf of Wall Street
Avengers Assemble
Rush

I still think these are all good films but for me anyway they just really stuck out when I was going through the list. Quite a few films which do deserve to be on the list are ranked far too highly (Dark Knight Rises, Toy Story 3, Guardians of the Galaxy)

I loved How to Train Your Dragon. Not seen the second one yet. But I agree with all the others on your list.

Original post by noggins
Because they're either just plain average or just plain crap :smile:

Slumdog
Elite Squad
The Raid 2
Pirates of the Caribbean
Avengers Assemble

A few years ago, I noticed Brazil (1985) was on the list, but some moron decided it wasn't one of the greatest films ever made and replaced it with the likes of the above.

Lol, I'm one of those morons. I started watchng Brazil and just gave up after a bit. Just not my kind of film. The Raid 2 is sooooo overrated. First once was much better.

Original post by Yasmin25
The Avengers
Star Wars IV
Wall-e
Full Metal Jacket
There Will Be Blood

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate all the Star Wars films. Loads of people will kill me for saying this lol. Don't know what all the fuss is about.

And Full Metal Jacket was decent. I gave it 8/10. Certainly doesn't belong in top 250. I did love Wall-e & There Will Be Blood........but to each his own eh?

Quick Reply

Latest