The Student Room Group

PPE applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zuzannag
Got an offer from KCL several days ago. Anyone heard from Durham or UCL?

Yeah, offer from Durham A*AA with the A* in anything
Predicted A*A*A*A
AS grades: AAAB ( one mark off the A in Latin, nearly cried, haha)

Original post by Haza2012

Yeah, offer from Durham A*AA with the A* in anything
Predicted A*A*A*A
AS grades: AAAB ( one mark off the A in Latin, nearly cried, haha)

Wow congrats when did you get the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Wow congrats when did you get the offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

About two weeks ago :smile:
Reply 103
Got an offer from warwick and durham for PPE and from andrews for ir and Eco! Waiting on UCL still and got rejected from Oxford...

Still confused whether to firm durham andrews or UCL (if I get in)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I still have no news from Warwick and KCL (PPL).
Anyone had any new offers? :-)
Reply 105
I've not applied to UCL myself but I get the feeling that universities place a lot more emphasis on your personal statement than grades (if anyone's worrying about that)

I got relatively poor grades at AS

Maths - B
Biology - B
Philosophy & Ethics - B
Chemistry - D

But I've got offers from

York - AAA
Nottingham - AAA
Leeds - AAA
Manchester - AAB

And I'm only waiting for Exeter now. All the B grades at AS were one mark off an A each btw but the Unis don't see that as far as I'm aware.

On another note, anyone got any opinions on York vs Leeds vs Nottingham? I wasn't overly impressed by Manchester on their offer holder day earlier this week and it's right on my doorstep too so I'll put it up as my insurance I think.
5 offers.

Oxford - AAA
Durham - A*AA
Warwick - A*AA
Edinburgh - AAA (Politics & Economics)
Queen's, Belfast - AAB

Firming Oxford and will probably insure QUB (although if Edinburgh are flexible I might insure them instead.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by aasvogel
5 offers.

Oxford - AAA
Durham - A*AA
Warwick - A*AA
Queen's, Belfast - AAB

Firming Oxford and will probably insure QUB (although if Edinburgh are flexible I might insure them instead.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's very impressive, congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
That's very impressive, congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks very much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard of University of Birmingham's PPE program. It is Policy, Politics and Economics. Their offer is AAB. Is it good or will it be seen as a downgrade from Philosophy, Politics and Economics? Is University of Birmingham a high end institution. Please someone post thoughts asap!
Hi guys,
I'm actually finishing up my a levels this year and have a place at Durham to do Geography. but ive decided i am reapplying for ppe. I am likely to get 2A* in Philosophy and Geography and an A in maths. I got an A in physics at AS and got 7A*s, 5As and a B at GCSE.

I have also done an EPQ.

What do you think are my chances, especially as I was looking at Cambridge (I preferred it to Oxford on the open day)
Original post by JustHoping
Hi guys,
I'm actually finishing up my a levels this year and have a place at Durham to do Geography. but ive decided i am reapplying for ppe. I am likely to get 2A* in Philosophy and Geography and an A in maths. I got an A in physics at AS and got 7A*s, 5As and a B at GCSE.

I have also done an EPQ.

What do you think are my chances, especially as I was looking at Cambridge (I preferred it to Oxford on the open day)

Your grades are fine. You've an essay subject in Philosophy, and Maths, which is grand. At this stage you have to be looking at building up a sound knowledge base - find areas of interest, read around the subject and be able to show your passion for the subject. I don't know if they'll know that you took a year out and changed course, but in the case they do, you'll need to really show your passion for PPE

And ace the TSA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Choosing Durham or St Andrews over Warwick for PPE would be disadvantaging yourself for IB and MC placement. The former two are fantastic universities with very strong names. But Warwick is a top target for recruitment at top bulge bracket firms, whilst those former two aren't. Think long and hard about making a college choice because your decision may adversely affect your future. This is specially important for those students coming in from other countries (international students).
Hi,

I was just wondering what subjects you took at AS and what grades you got? :smile:

Thanks

Original post by aasvogel
5 offers.

Oxford - AAA
Durham - A*AA
Warwick - A*AA
Queen's, Belfast - AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samanthaharris98
Hi,

I was just wondering what subjects you took at AS and what grades you got? :smile:

Thanks

I did Maths, English Lit, French and Further Maths. 4 A's at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending