The Student Room Group

What course should/could I do?

Hey People :smile:
So I have a MAJOR problem! The thing is that after some emotional blackmailing by my parents I decided to take Biology, Chemistry, Maths and RE(although they preferred physics!) for my AS levels. Anyways so I did it for a year and LOVED maths but absolutely loathed everything else. Biology was okay I guess... well back to the point-my results come out in three days and I know for sure that I have completely failed chemistry. Unit 1 was difficult but unit 2 completely f**ked me over :frown:
At first I thought I'd apply for medicine with foundation year as I was doing quite well in my classes and decided that Pharmacy would be my backup option after results day as I thought I'd actually pass chemistry and maths if not anything else (Yes, I wasn't thinking properly) but both medicine and pharmacy require chemistry A2 at A/B grade! I then thought that I'd apply for Optometry but the UCAS fair scared me away with the students suggesting that I should have recieved atleast 4A*'s at GCSE. So then I thought about radiography and tried to write a personal statement for it over the summer but I have NO interest in this subject at all so WHAT ON EARTH DO I DO?

P.S: If you're wondering why I'm only doing healthcare related subjects:
1)High employment prospects
2) NHS employee benefits
3)Parents might be impressed-slightly
4)What other degree can I do?

I am so sorry for this essay of a question but please help!!
:tongue:
Money and A levels aside, what interests you most?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Georgiecat
Money and A levels aside, what interests you most?

cPosted from TSR Mobile

Reading and writing stories
Original post by xdegreex
Reading and writing stories

So you're more humanity-y inclined? What about philosophy? That takes the logic from maths, but it's a humanity. Or if you did STEP and maybe took on AS Further Maths, you could apply to maths, as you enjoy that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending