The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yodawg321
Says most people who have actually listened to him properly.

Refer to my second post stan.
Original post by Toki_Premium
Refer to my second post stan.

How am I a stan?
Reply 22
Kanye is definitely up there as 1 of the most talented artist of our time.
Kanye West ew! well, i have to admit, his older music was good but post kimye, it's been :poo:
Reply 24
Kanye's music is good but IMO Drake is more genius than him. The only reasons I say this is his style is so unique and his story telling abilities are amazing. What do you guys think of my opinion?

Nothing Was The Same by Drake has 13/14 good tracks. It is only spoiled by a track 2 Chainz features on who I think we can all say is an absolute retard of an artist
Original post by Roadman
Kanye's music is good but IMO Drake is more genius than him. The only reasons I say this is his style is so unique and his story telling abilities are amazing. What do you guys think of my opinion?

Nothing Was The Same by Drake has 13/14 good tracks. It is only spoiled by a track 2 Chainz features on who I think we can all say is an absolute retard of an artist

Yes, I agree, Drake is a genius. :smile:
Kanye is brilliant though.
Original post by Roadman

NWTS is a very good album yeah. However, Good Kid Mad City is better, has a way better "story"
u cant even spell dragonborn right so im a bit skeptical of ur opinions
I think he is somewhere on the Autistic spectrum? Not sure if thats what its called.
Original post by Dovahkinn
Lets look at his discography (out of *****)
1. The College Dropout - An amazing album - ****1/2
2. Late Registration - Another great album - ****1/2
3. Graduation - ****
4. 808s and Heartbreak - A different mood compared to his other albums but nevertheless a good album ****
5. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy - One of the greatest hip hop albums of all time *****
6. Yeezus - Completely different feel to Kanye Wests music, I personally didnt like it as much as his previous albums ***1/2

I love his music too. #5 is the best. Won't call him a genius though haha
Nope
As far as music goes, people like Beethoven were geniuses. As far as 'popular' music that you might expect to find in a CD collection, people like Frank Zappa were geniuses. Kanye West is a crayon chewer by comparison.
Original post by Dovahkinn
Most gifted, realest artist of our generation, I aint trolling, Its true.

Kanye was great before he became Kanye kardashian and he doesn't write all of his raps which is sad but his discography is amazing.
Genius :biggrin:. Get out.
I'd think more of Kanye if he showed a little humility every now and again.. Or at all.
Lyrically, you can see why so many people hate him as his ego is clearly on show, and to be frank his vocals can be sloppy and slow.

But in regards to him being a producer, not many can outdo him here. His samples are second to none. Songs like 'We Major' and 'I Wonder' use brilliant samples; there are so many great examples.

He put The Doors into a Jay Z diss song - enough said.

[video="youtube;xMHtwyrt2X0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMHtwyrt2X0[/video]
Whilst he is an arrogant guy now, he is in my opinion (or was) a musical genius in the hip hop/rap game. The stuff he made before 808's and Heartbreak was fantastic. Its a shame he has ruined his image with all his antics in the recent years because it seems that people have forgotten about his older music. Maybe some don't know about what he has produced (only know his singing/rapping)
(edited 9 years ago)
Obama was right, he's a jackass but by god his first album was sublime.
Kanye west is a penus.
I didn't realise he was musical, what instrument does he play? He sure as **** can't rap or sing.

Latest