The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Best mobile carrier in Southampton

I am choosing a mobile carrier for my studies at Southampton. I want to have unlimited data&texts and some minutes to call. I found Three and Giffgaff have the best offers. Three costs 3-6£ more, but I could also use unlimited LTE, and would have to pay more and with giffgaff I would have to pay more. Giffgaff uses O2 network.

My question is which of these two carriers have better signal an coverage in Southampton? And which is better for a student? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Giffgaff is the best because you dont sign a contact .. you just pay monthly and you can pay accordingly with what you need that month ,
(edited 9 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Is it signal good everywhere in Southampton? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
o2 network should be fine in Southampton , i will use giffgaff myself when i come to Southampton on sept
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
I am on EE and visited Southampton City Centre a few days ago. With roaming turned on I had full bars 3G. Most carriers have a webpage on their site where you can enter a postcode and check for signal quality and coverage. I prefer to be on a contract and pay via direct debit, because it helps give me a good credit score which landlords appreciate. X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending