The Student Room Group
Well, if you can do all of those from the off anyway, you really don't have to worry about your physical shape it seems.
Reply 2
I agree, 30 pull ups and 100 push ups? Every night? Perhaps you should try doing those before creating an exercise plan. If you do them without a problem, then your not doing them properly.

There is no need to do those ever night, i would alternate every other night, something like this..

monday, wednesday, friday: 30 crunches, 15 push ups (5/5 cadence)

tuesday, thursday, saturday: 15 pull ups (5/5 cadence) 30 leg raises.

sunday: rest.

though your not doing anything for your back or legs, so you may want to look into that.

in terms of physical difference, your going to have to do a lot more to see something, you will feel 'tighter' though :smile:
He must mean in multiple sets, i workout regualrly and certainly couldnt do that many push ups and pull ups in single set. I could do max 50 push ups and 15 pull ups in single set.

Sit ups are way too east, i can do 150 and stop because i get bored, so i do weighted crunches with 20kg on my chest, i can do about 25 reps in a set.

You should get a set of dumbells.
Reply 4
Everyone is chatting **** so far.

You could write pages and pages of directions but to summarise:

Mon - Quads/calves
Tues - Rest
Wed - Chest/triceps/abs
Thurs - Rest
Friday - Back/calves
Saturday - Hamstrings/shoulders
Sunday - Rest

Repeat

+ Food + Sleep + Consistency + Experience + Time + Soul + Genetics

Key movements: Squats, deadlifts, rows & bench press

Large muscle groups: 4 sets 6-8 reps
Smaller muscle groups 2 or 3 sets: 8 reps

QUALITY of QUANTITY. It's about good form and feeling the movement rather than sheer amount.

Eat likea muther***a and train like a son of a bitch.

Gym approx 1 hour max. Try to get most done around 45 mins

If you need to gain mass then it would normally be adviseable to decrease cardio as cardio burns calories and you'll probably need all the calories you can get.

3000-4000 calories depending on your weight

Sources of foods such as: Oats, brown rice, chicken, beef, tuna, turkey, whoelgrain pasta, cottage cheese, low fat yoghurts

Water

Supplement: Protein powder (recovery + growth), Multi-Vitamin

QUALITY OF QUANTITY

LOW BODYFAT = Abdominals

You either need to bulk (gain weight & muscle mass)
Or cut (loose weight & gain muscle)

Read into the type of diet you need. Search "Cutting" or "Bulking" -
IF YOU are a TOALY n00b you may be able to gain weight and loose bodyfat at the same time, but this forumla is NORMALLY only attainable through steroids..but you don't need it just do things naturally BULK then CUT then CULK then CUT till desired body is reached

Have fun folks.
Reply 5
just a quick note. i dont do the 100 push ups all in one go i do them in sets on 25 and the pull ups in two set of 15.
toxic04 your post is pretty pointless, why do i notwrite this? because a begginer is not going to make anything of that. As correct (though kinda vague interms of which excersizes) as it may be, its not actualy gona be very usefull to the OP.
Reply 7
kookie_4
i was just thinking that how long would it take to see any change in pyhsical appearance if i done say...

100 push ups

30 pull ups

and 100 sit ups

before going to bed every night.

thanks

And to be more specific it would probably do absolutely nothing..unless you are a genetic freak.

Don't workout and then go straight to sleep.

You need meals planned before hand.

Pre-Workout meal (Carbs + Protein)
Post-Workout meal (Simple cabs/sugars)
Post post workout (A well balanced meal e.g. with mom and dad)

THEN go to sleep rest etc..

Don't need so much quantity either.

Focus on 12 reps or something without added weight, then add weight and go for as many as possible within the 3-8 rep range...6 is always a nice rep number :smile:
toxic04

Mon - Quads/calves
Tues - Rest
Wed - Chest/triceps/abs
Thurs - Rest
Friday - Back/calves
Sunday - Rest

Repeat

QUALITY of QUANTITY. It's about good form and feeling the movement rather than sheer amount.

If you need to gain mass then it would normally be adviseable to decrease cardio as cardio burns calories and you'll probably need all the calories you can get.

Sources of foods such as: Oats, brown rice, chicken, beef, tuna, turkey, whoelgrain pasta, cottage cheese, low fat yoghurts

Water

QUALITY OF QUANTITY

LOW BODYFAT = Abdominals

IF YOU are a TOALY n00b you may be able to gain weight and loose bodyfat at the same time, but this forumla is NORMALLY only attainable through steroids..but you don't need it just do things naturally BULK then CUT then CULK then CUT till desired body is reached

Have fun folks.

Well copied and pasted. What others have put is certainly not sh*t. And what you've put is the most disjointed stuff I've read in quite a while. How exactly is that meant to help? It hasn't exactly answered his question, has it?
Reply 9
*titanium*
toxic04 your post is pretty pointless, why do i notwrite this? because a begginer is not going to make anything of that. As correct (though kinda vague interms of which excersizes) as it may be, its not actualy gona be very usefull to the OP.

Exactly what I was going to say. Save your time mate and type that out for a n00b in the bodybuilding soc.
I prefer to do a mix of rep ranges, i do press ups at 50 reps, dumbell curls at <15 reps, unfrotuantly due to lack of weights i tend to be repping over 25 for bench press. I dont work on my legs since for what i want, cycling gives me enough.

Whey protein is good for extra protein
Reply 11
Dschingis
Well copied and pasted. What others have put is certainly not sh*t. And what you've put is the most disjointed stuff I've read in quite a while. How exactly is that meant to help? It hasn't exactly answered his question, has it?

Copied and pasted from another forum I posted on (football lol) and actually everyone said it is a good summary...it not disjointed it is literally a way of changing physical apperance (AS REQUESTED)

But hey if you think it's disjoineted wtf do I know..i've only gained a stone, lowered my bodyfat and am probably looking at competing in a natural (drug tested) competition within the next 1 to 2 years...

I wasn't saying he/she has to take every single piece of advice and MUST copy it...but if the poster bares a few things in mind...they can realstically change physical apperance...Assuming you want your body to be PROPORTIONATE!
You know, not every one works out to become extremly muscular. Some people just want to be 'cut'
toxic04
Copied and pasted from another forum I posted on and actually everyone said it is a good summary...it not disjointed it is literally a way of changing physical apperance (AS REQUESTED)

But hey if you think it's disjoineted wtf do I know..i've only gained a stone, lowered my bodyfat and am probably looking at competing in a natural (drug tested) competition within the next 1 to 2 years...

As correct as it may be, the OP didn't ask for a full on guide on how to get cut, diet properly, sleep, and bodybuild. It's disjointed because it's hard to read. Congratulations on "gaining a stone and losing your natural bodyfat" - so have many people. Would you like a medal?
Reply 14
Well, i'll wait for the medals later :wink:

I wasn't saying they are going to become EXTREMELY MUSCULAR...just living healthier :smile:
Ah well.

Good luck in your endevour for medals btw. :smile:
Reply 16
kookie_4
i was just thinking that how long would it take to see any change in pyhsical appearance if i done say...

100 push ups

30 pull ups

and 100 sit ups

before going to bed every night.

thanks

OK here goes poster..i'll give it my best shot at *DRIECTLY* answering your question.

First you probably could do with explaining your goals?
Are you going for - Size/strength - Endurance

I certainly agree with pull ups! If you can nail 30 I think your doing damn good...If you could SPLIT this into sets e.g. 3 sets of pull ups aiming for say 10 reps per set..then that will also be GOOD..

You may also want to consider varying the grip of your pull up..wide grip (involving more shoulders)..and close grip involving more lats/back..

You may want to consider Chin Ups aswell if you are looking to work biceps and back?? Close grip chin ups will also make a change to your physical apperance :smile:

As for push ups they are good..but if you could support them with a dumbbell bench press (e.g. push ups inbetween sets) then you'd be doing even better..

ALSO if you could do Incline and Decline push ups (search on google) you will target all areas of the chest (upper and lower) you may also want to experiment with wider and closer push up grips too..:smile:

Your quantity of sit ups will certainly improve endurance strength..however you may want to reduce the quantity and possibly do weighted crunches if you are looking for VISUAL apperance/size.. (simply hold a dumbbell or some kind of weight and practice sit ups)

I also recommend dips (between chairs) which predominately target triceps & chest...if you could fit that in :biggrin:

But remember - Nutrition is the key
& Half heatedly doing it in all honest probably won't get you far at all :frown: You need alot of factors working in your favour to make a pretty satisfying change..but thats up to you to do :P
Reply 17
the purpose of my working out is not to become very muscular but just tone up slightly
Reply 18
kookie_4
the purpose of my working out is not to become very muscular but just tone up slightly

Hheheheheh this is always a common fear and myth!

Gaining muscle is MUCH harder than it seems..specially if your naturally (ectomorph) You see people eating like a ************** 8 times a day and STILL finding it hard to gain..and maintaining it is a task of its own!

If you just do some basic things and a basic diet to tone down (such as a cutting diet) or foods for cutting (such as cottage cheese JUST as an example) then yes you will tone down for sure! + Your exercises then you should achieve your goal.

But honestly..have no fear.. you won't like become OMG OMG way too muscular!! I mean over time I've heard to much b.s. like oooo im too scared to go in the free weights area I might get too big etc etc etc :rolleyes:

But yeah if you don't want to get too muscular and tone instead then use light weight..(if say you buy a cheap set of dumbbells from Argos) :biggrin: and admiteldly you are probably better off working in a 10+ rep range if this is your goal!
Reply 19
toxic04

Mon - Quads/calves
Tues - Rest
Wed - Chest/triceps/abs
Thurs - Rest
Friday - Back/calves
Sunday - Rest

Repeat

Water

QUALITY OF QUANTITY

LOW BODYFAT = Abdominals

Have fun folks.

I mostly agree with this, except I think you could afford to increase number of sets and reps, and I also think working each muscle more than once a week would be more beneficial than only working it once a week, since protein synthesis returns to baseline levels within 48-72 hours after training.

I would also disagree with cutting back on cardio, because I don't think it's worth sacrificing fitness, simply compensate for it by eating more. If you burn 600 calories performing cardiovascular exercise, simply boil up 100g of pasta and eat 4 apples as well.

Also, with regards to cutting/bulking cycles, they don't have to be of any significant length of time like months. In a week you should be able to lose a significant amount of fat, and also (depending on your metabolism) be able to build noticeable muscle in anything from a week to several weeks.

Latest

Trending

Trending