The Student Room Group

The Robin Williams Appreciation Thread + Favourite RW movie poll

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Empire Odyssey
You acted like you did not. You were just insensitive which is not helpful to anyone. Save your damn argument for another time.

"I acted like I did not" Yet I stated more than once I understand... Yawn, I didn't intend for an argument, you did. I don't understand how I can be insensitive by saying people have been over dramatic which is just puzzling to me personally. My opinion, if you dislike it then ignore it, simple.
This thread is called the Robin Williams APPRECIATION thread, it is not for arguing about Suicide etc. If you want to argue, go and make a thread about it.
Goooooooood morning, Vietnam!
Reply 83
That man was my childhood. The amounts of times I watched Mrs Doubtfire, Flubber and Jumanji, is well in the 100s solely because he was always able to make me laugh until ribs hurt and there was tears in my eyes

He will be missed and my childhood will never be the same.

R. I. P Robin - what a great man
Jumanji is on Sky1 as dedication to Robin Williams!
Unfortunately Robin's genius, both in serious and comedic acting, appears to have been at the expense of some core part of his happiness for at least the one moment yesterday. Perhaps the supposed contradictions of his personality were too much to take for so long. Yet it is these that made him have such range of emotions and thoughts.

Make your lives extraordinary. Yours was Robin and when I went to see Aladdin or Mrs Doubtfire they were at the very top of the finest and clearest cinema experiences I have ever had. Dead Poets Society was a fine film and perhaps he should have won an Oscar for it (but then that film had some other great talents in its too- a great ensemble mood piece). Robin was, in a way, a microcosm of the generosity and inventiveness of America. Bless you you wonderful sensitive man.

Also, Barack Obama made a great comment about Robin Williams.
(edited 9 years ago)
So so sad to hear of his passing. I really do feel for his family and friends as well as his many many fans around the world. A beloved person; admired by all. It never really bothers me when a celebrity dies but this one is just so tragic. Upon reading comments on articles, it actually brought tears to my eyes. It's amazing how you can feel so sad for someone you don't really know- we knew him on screen as a comedic genius, and off screen as a loving, caring father to his 3 children as well as being a genuine nice guy. I've loved him in all the movies he's been in- especially in Mrs. Doubtfire, so hilarious! I really need to get round to watching Good Will Hunting again.
He will be dearly missed, Rest In Peace :angelwings:
I doubt anyone can claim that Robin wasn't a great actor, Dead Poets still haunts me to this day. I feel so much for his family. I only hope that there is some good to come from this and a greater awareness of depression and that it will help some people to talk about their problems. I say this as someone who has also suffered, although thankfully not to this extent. I hope all fans of the great RW will remember him when they are faced with their own demons or those of their loved ones. He fought his demons for so many years with great dignity.
Good morning vietnam.
Reply 89
Absolutely heartbroken, and to learn he died in such a brutal way is just horrible. He was definitely in my top 5 favourite actors/comedians. Think I'll watch Good Will Hunting tonight, crying into my cereal.

RIP Robin Williams.

"Your move, chief."
he was a great man and inspired many people. My childhood is filled with movies which he starred in and I will show them to my children too.

RIP Robin Williams, you will be greatly missed by all x
Reply 91
Just watched Dead Poets Society. I'd encourage you all to do so over the next few days. What a watch.
Just finished Jumanji. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
I'm just watching Jumanji now great movie :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep trying to understand it but I cannot.
Good morning vietnam
I'm going to have a RW night :') first off - Mrs Doubtfire!
Also it's sad to know that Night at the Museum 3 is his last movie :frown:
Reply 98
I had forgotten how many amazing movies he was in :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Fisher King

Quick Reply

Latest