The Student Room Group

How do dye black dyed hair to light brown?

So I dyed my hair black about a year ago. I dyed it light brown about a month ago, and nothing changed. Should I dye it ash blond to get to light brown?
Reply 1
The way I did it was to use a blonde hair dye (Loreal Ashe Blonde) and it gave me darkish brown hair.

I think that worked because blonde hair dyes have bleaching agents in them, but I could be wrong.

The other option is to get it done professionally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tint won't lift tint.

You'd need to bleach it or cleanse it. Go to a salon, if you try to do it yourself it might go wrong
because you dyed it black, i think your options are to let it wash out naturally, or bleach it but i dont recommend the latter.:/
Reply 4
Thanks guys, I'll just leave it be and let it grow :smile: its not that bad
Reply 5
I'd say bleach it first to get the closest results to the one you want. I bleached my hair from black to blonde recently and then to a fair brown and the results were much better than dying it straight from black to light brown.
Reply 6
Original post by x_x
I'd say bleach it first to get the closest results to the one you want. I bleached my hair from black to blonde recently and then to a fair brown and the results were much better than dying it straight from black to light brown.

wont it damage it alot though? My hair is naturally dark brown
Original post by buzzybee143
wont it damage it alot though? My hair is naturally dark brown

Hello, bleach can damage your hair yes, but you could also try a product like this: http://www.superdrug.com/Colour-B4/Colour-B4-Hair-Colour-Remover-Extra-Strength/p/208255#.U_o2A_ldXTA

I find it to be much less damaging than just straight up bleaching it and it does get most of the colour out but without leaving you blonde and you can then just dye the hair the colour you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending