The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think it's a good idea to remember that:

You get no advantage from doing more than 4AS / 3A2 levels. No preference is given to applicants who are offering more a levels than are required.
Reply 21
How do you know??? Maybe they said but you will stand out from other people.
I think definitely, 5 doesn't really matter more than 4.
mlc409

You get no advantage from doing more than 4AS / 3A2 levels. No preference is given to applicants who are offering more a levels than are required.

But 4 A2s does give you a safety net of sorts. Med schools generally only offer for 3 subjects, and tend not be specific in their offers beyond the general requirements of chemistry + biology/another science. So if you do have a very dodgy A2 module in June or have a weaker subject or an essay one that is marked really inconsistently (like OCR English Lit!), you'll still get in.
Reply 24
Argh looking back I can't believe I was one of the "Are my GCSEs good enough?" people that started a thread like this! :redface: :p:

MissLivesey
I do the same subjects tooooo, well kinda, Spanish instead of French, but still its a language!! :biggrin: I find spanish the hardest subject thought....anyone else struggling with a modern foreign language?? :s-smilie:

Good combination :wink: Admittedly when choosing my A Levels I was drawn to the fact that languages are respected and make a good addition to the sciences, but... it's very different from the other subjects we're taking. I really struggled at first, but it seems to be getting better. I suppose it's really just practice practice practice (look at where you were with Spanish this time last year and how much you've improved!) Good luck :smile:
Reply 25
mlc409

How do you know??? Maybe they said but you will stand out from other people.

Its the most commonly asked question at open days and the answer is always the same. Theres no advantage for an applicant who has 4A2s compared to one with 3A2s. If you want your application to stand out do something special non-academic. An additional qualifacation when you already have your required A-levels and a shedload of GCSE's isn't likely to make an admissions tutor catch their breath.
Reply 26
Thanks for confirming that lady3696

Latest

Trending

Trending