The Student Room Group

What sports do you enjoy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Football basketball and athletics
Reply 21
Roller Derby. All the contact on skates.
I like athletic sports and martial arts. In terms of athletic sports its a nice feeling to train and to sense every single muscle after a training session. Martial Art is the best way to form a character.
Karate, it's very intense and extremely underestimated as a sport. It gives you everything you need....strength, stamina, control, discipline, endurance, there's not down side (as long as you don't mind getting a knock every so often)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dontknowhy
Karate, it's very intense and extremely underestimated as a sport.(...)

What I don't like in Karate is the Kata. That's why Karate does not count to my favorites. I raher like Kickboxing.
Original post by Mfalcon
Roller Derby. All the contact on skates.

I've always wanted to try that :smile:

Original post by Dontknowhy
Karate, it's very intense and extremely underestimated as a sport. It gives you everything you need....strength, stamina, control, discipline, endurance, there's not down side (as long as you don't mind getting a knock every so often)

Posted from TSR Mobile

For similar reasons I like judo :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
-X-
Tennis, badminton, swimming and gymnastics. Not that I'm particularly good at any of them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yasmin25
(...) swimming (...)

Indeed. I like to swim and to dive in a swimming pool, especially in a hot summer, at a season in which no other sports are more enjoyable. :smile:
Rugby union (I play wing)
Rugby sevens (Wing again:tongue:)
Athletics (100m and 200m)

I don't watch athletics really unless its something like the Olympics or Commonwealth Games, but I do watch Rugby Union (and 7s when that's in season) allll the time :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deansimpala
Rugby union (I play wing)
Rugby sevens (Wing again:tongue:)
Athletics (100m and 200m)

I don't watch athletics really unless its something like the Olympics or Commonwealth Games, but I do watch Rugby Union (and 7s when that's in season) allll the time :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good effort :smile: are you going to the internationals in Sept at Twickenham ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Quiet _One86
Good effort :smile: are you going to the internationals in Sept at Twickenham ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to Cardiff for the Autumn Internationals whoopps hahaha! How about you??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to Cardiff for the Autumn Internationals whoopps hahaha! How about you??? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I won't be going but I'd love to go one day.
Original post by Multitalented me
Football, Cricket, Rugby Union, Tennis, Golf, Athletics, Snooker, Table Tennis, Squash, Badminton, Darts & Field Hockey.

Strong username to post content ratio
I won't be going but I'd love to go one day.

Was in Twickenham this year for England v Wales. Great atmosphere, shame about the result though haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Equestrian - it's just my sport really. I guess it's just in my family - my cousin is a jockey. I like the complexity of the training and stuff and I'm kind of a perfectionist in ways so I like pushing myself until I master things. It's also quite fun, especially show-jumping.
Was in Twickenham this year for England v Wales. Great atmosphere, shame about the result though haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.rfu.com/tickets/events/2014_09_06_londondoubleheader
looks like a good game or two/four ha. Alas I missed out I think on early bird tickets of £20.
Reply 37
HOCKEY!! will b starting uni .... in leicester dunno where to buy the equipment though n dont know what tasters are like??
http://www.rfu.com/tickets/events/2014_09_06_londondoubleheader
looks like a good game or two/four ha. Alas I missed out I think on early bird tickets of £20.

Ahhhh that's a shame, try and get in there early for next years 6N!!! Cardiff's looking promising, we won't be beaten this year on our own grounds! Cymru am byth:wink: oh and not to mention world cup tickets are out soon! Quite a lot of games are at Twickers I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahhhh that's a shame, try and get in there early for next years 6N!!! Cardiff's looking promising, we won't be beaten this year on our own grounds! Cymru am byth:wink: oh and not to mention world cup tickets are out soon! Quite a lot of games are at Twickers I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to Wales :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest