The Student Room Group

Girls who lift?

So, 99% of the girls I know are afraid to lifts weights because they don't want to become "manly". I mean, come on ladies. Lifting weights is the best thing you can do for your body. Forget the cardio, weight lifting helps every aspect of your body, including helping you lose weight quicker than cardio workouts. I'm not saying I'm a professional nor am I the best at this, but I know for a fact I'd much rather lift weights, get a good toned figure and enjoy what I do instead of dieting, losing weight and running.
Am I right or am I right???

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're right! Lifting is fun. I'm not sure why they think they're going to turn into a hulk after curling a 5kg dumbell... If it was that easy all guys would be massively ripped.
Reply 2
Keep it up girls, girls that lift are the hottest!
Reply 3
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
You're right! Lifting is fun. I'm not sure why they think they're going to turn into a hulk after curling a 5kg dumbell... If it was that easy all guys would be massively ripped.

Personally I wish it was as easy as that! I'm female and currently squatting 60kg and I'm far from the hulk haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
100% Right :yy: I love weightlifting but I've been out of my routine like 12 weeks now :grumble:

Will start back when term starts :coma:

It is so satisfying. I literally guffaw at the muppets who are like 'euuurgh but you'll get huge euuurgh'
check marinajelly's fitness blog on TSR and see how she does it, for those who are interested in doing so
Original post by db_100
Personally I wish it was as easy as that! I'm female and currently squatting 60kg and I'm far from the hulk haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

60kg that's impressive! I'm working my way up from 50kg at the moment after I couldn't train for 6 weeks. My legs hate me atm!

Girls don't realise it literally takes years of extreme training, supplements and diet control to even come close to looking 'muscular'. Women don't have the right hormones to develop muscle mass like men. What's even funnier is when they go on about being 'toned'.. As if that's a magical thing that only happens to girls.

I always see girls at my gym doing squats holding 2 tiny little dumbells and I really want to introduce them to the squat rack... But I'm sure they would say no its for men.
Original post by shawn_o1
check marinajelly's fitness blog on TSR and see how she does it, for those who are interested in doing so

And mine :biggrin: (granted I've only been doing it for 2 weeks lol)
Reply 8
Original post by LavenderBlueSky88
60kg that's impressive! I'm working my way up from 50kg at the moment after I couldn't train for 6 weeks. My legs hate me atm!

Girls don't realise it literally takes years of extreme training, supplements and diet control to even come close to looking 'muscular'. Women don't have the right hormones to develop muscle mass like men. What's even funnier is when they go on about being 'toned'.. As if that's a magical thing that only happens to girls.

I always see girls at my gym doing squats holding 2 tiny little dumbells and I really want to introduce them to the squat rack... But I'm sure they would say no its for men.

Ah it's a pain when you have things hold you back! I have the tendency to get sick, and when I do I can't go to the gym, and I lose weight real easy (reason why I want to lift and put on weight/muscle), but 50kg is great!

Oh I know! For girls that lift we wish it was as easy as they thought, but it isn't! And the deffo won't be getting 'toned' from a few minutes cardio. I swear the very few girls that come to my gym, only ever do cardio. And their faces when they see me squatting or lifting weights! But, that is the way we become toned and gain a figure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest