University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by Izzyliciouss
Yeah me too !!:biggrin:

Ah awesome, what are you studying? :redface:
Original post by ~ Aquamarine ~
Ah awesome, what are you studying? :redface:

Actually,now I found out that I'm in Montefiore 3 :biggrin: and I will be studying Biology,what about you?
Original post by Izzyliciouss
Actually,now I found out that I'm in Montefiore 3 :biggrin: and I will be studying Biology,what about you?

Ah i see haha and ah i'm studying Politics :tongue:
Mine still says Submitted. Getting EXTREMELY worried emailed them and they said that offers wont go out until 2 weeks.
Original post by Littleleopard
Mine still says Submitted. Getting EXTREMELY worried emailed them and they said that offers wont go out until 2 weeks.

Yeah, i second this, i submitted mine like end of beginning of june and still aint heard anything (still showing as submitted)
i submitted mine at 23 may and still nothing
Mine is still in submitted
They go in batches - so a bunch of offers go out and those people have 7 days to reply.

They'll wait the 7 days so they've got the biggest range of unallocated rooms available before they do another batch - that way they can make it more likely that people will get one of the preferences they asked for.
Original post by PQ
They go in batches - so a bunch of offers go out and those people have 7 days to reply.

They'll wait the 7 days so they've got the biggest range of unallocated rooms available before they do another batch - that way they can make it more likely that people will get one of the preferences they asked for.

So that means people could still be waiting by the time their course starts!
Reply 30
I really hope I get one of my 3 choices because I genuinely can't afford anything other than a standard room, enhanced non ensuite at a push
hi guys, does anyone know when is the first day we can move in the hall? i havent got an offer yet, but i want to book a flight.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by kcapsoccer
hi guys, does anyone know when is the first day we can move in the hall? i havent got an offer yet, but i want to book a flight.. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

it'll be either the 20th or the 21st depending where you are but you can arrive a day earlier (I think they charge about £15 for early arrival)
Original post by Cxx
it'll be either the 20th or the 21st depending where you are but you can arrive a day earlier (I think they charge about £15 for early arrival)

ok thanks a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Been seeing people on the Facebook group who got in to Southampton through clearing getting accommodation offers, feel like it's quite unfair on those of us who had it as our firm and applied months ago :frown:
Reply 35
Original post by AlexR95
Been seeing people on the Facebook group who got in to Southampton through clearing getting accommodation offers, feel like it's quite unfair on those of us who had it as our firm and applied months ago :frown:

Agreed
Original post by AlexR95

That is exactly what I am unhappy about. I know the website said specifically that it is not a first come first serve basis but there is no way that people in clearing should get accommodation before firmers. This means that the people in clearing could take up spaces for the halls that us firmers wanted
Original post by scientific222
That is exactly what I am unhappy about. I know the website said specifically that it is not a first come first serve basis but there is no way that people in clearing should get accommodation before firmers. This means that the people in clearing could take up spaces for the halls that us firmers wanted

Or more likely they're putting the clearing people in the least popular halls and holding back the firm applications to try to make sure they get in to one of their preferences.

There are 2 massive new halls opening this year - noone will go without a room but if you've asked for something that is popular (like monte 1/2 or only glen) then it will take a little while to try to accommodate that.

If you're worried call them up and ask when they think the next lot of allocation will happen and/or complain directly if you're unhappy about the clearing people getting placed before you.
Reply 38
Original post by PQ
Or more likely they're putting the clearing people in the least popular halls and holding back the firm applications to try to make sure they get in to one of their preferences.

I did vaguely think about that, really hope it's the case :redface:
Reply 39
To be fair , it's probably taking so long because they're swapping people about before sending offers out so everyone gets one of their 3 choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending