Reply 1
in a word no. you get fined for anything they can do u for
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
tk!
hey,

was just wondering, whats the script with DIY. can you put like pictures up on the wall, or put shelves up or anything.

what are the general rules?

tom

No DIY I'm afraid, unless you want to be fined a lot. Posters are OK though, just make sure you use 'White Tack'
white tack is allowed? i was under the impression that any adhesive was a fineable 'offence'.
Reply 4
Heheheheheh

That leaves one option, you stand on your bed holding up the one or two of your favourite posters all year.

You're going to uni, not Alcatraz.
Reply 5
captain_yesterday
white tack is allowed? i was under the impression that any adhesive was a fineable 'offence'.

well only if they can see any marks. most people i knew used blu-tac and no one ever noticed. the only DIY you will be doing is fixing what you break. quite a few of my flat mates where saved by the wonders of polyfiller and power drills, one even re-painted the entire room!
Reply 6
Use sellotape. Doesn't leave greasy marks like blutack or white tack. At least it doesn't in Alexandra Park. Just be careful peeling it off.
I've stocked up on white tack to put up my posters so i'll have no problem! :p:
Reply 8
emmathe37th
Use sellotape. Doesn't leave greasy marks like blutack or white tack. At least it doesn't in Alexandra Park. Just be careful peeling it off.

However the unofficial rule is no sellotape on glass. You'll find out why when you want to peel it off.

Latest

Trending

Trending