The Student Room Group

Holiday Alone

Hello people
My friend has cancelled on a holiday in September from 9th and I wanna go but not Alone.im 25 male is anyone else stranded we can go together at least have someone to talk to at the poolside.dont mind where as long as it is a beach holiday
Have you already booked everything? If not, you can go somewhere like Nice, Corfu or Varna with backpackers hostels close to the beach. Solo travellers hit these places up all the time, they're great places to meet people.
I went on holiday alone this summer. I'm 18 and it's the best thing I have even done. I took a crusie around the Med. I had a job since I was 16 and had been saving up so decided to blow all on one nice holiday. I made friends with other passengers on the ship. It was lonely at times as they were with families so I ate alone a few times in my cabin and walking around ports alone can be daunting but you find yourself maturning almost overnight.

At home I was a bit shy and scared to do things but on holiday there I was thousands of miles away from home, in a new city, not understanding the language, visiting local places. I learnt so much about cultures, how to be uber-steetwise and what it's like fending for yourself. People say university teaches life lessons of how to fend for yourself but holidaying alone was a crash course on survival. It was great.
Original post by rockrunride
Have you already booked everything? If not, you can go somewhere like Nice, Corfu or Varna with backpackers hostels close to the beach. Solo travellers hit these places up all the time, they're great places to meet people.

Varna :confused:
Original post by Kolasinac138
Varna :confused:

A party town of sorts in the Black Sea region of Bulgaria it's becoming a new Ibiza full of drunk and horny students.
Original post by Madeline_H95
A party town of sorts in the Black Sea region of Bulgaria it's becoming a new Ibiza full of drunk and horny students.

Oh, I know where it is of course, I'm from the Balkans but was wondering since when it's a holiday destination.
Original post by Kolasinac138
Oh, I know where it is of course, I'm from the Balkans but was wondering since when it's a holiday destination.

Since flocks of young Europeans realised it was warm so decided to flock there as cheap break. The area saw more toursists so changed for the worse to attract even more. It's just another party town now. Which is a shame as it was lovely before the drunked revolution of the mid naughties. Low cost airliens don't exaclty help the problem either.
Reply 7
Well I don't exactly want to travel alone now with drunk students all over the place.Who fancies it
Reply 8
Original post by maveeh
Hello people
My friend has cancelled on a holiday in September from 9th and I wanna go but not Alone.im 25 male is anyone else stranded we can go together at least have someone to talk to at the poolside.dont mind where as long as it is a beach holiday

And then she was found with her throat slit and stuffed in a trash bag floating out to sea.

There is nothing wrong with going on holiday alone and I have done so on a few occasions, usually to the south of France where a friend has a flat I can use. Helps if you have a knowledge of the local language and make sure your family know where you are staying just to reassure them.
Reply 10
Original post by barnetlad
There is nothing wrong with going on holiday alone and I have done so on a few occasions, usually to the south of France where a friend has a flat I can use. Helps if you have a knowledge of the local language and make sure your family know where you are staying just to reassure them.

Are you a writer? :smile: I know writers like to migrate to idyllic locations for inspiration :redface:
Original post by ApeMob
Are you a writer? :smile: I know writers like to migrate to idyllic locations for inspiration :redface:

No, just prefer quiet holidays and good food.
Reply 12
Original post by barnetlad
No, just prefer quiet holidays and good food.

All on your lonesome? Getting off with the local girls away from prying eyes, are we? :colone: Kidding

Spoiler

:tongue: I wouldn't mind travelling alone but staying away alone especially in a foreign place, I don't know :s-smilie:
holyday, wow i enjoyed travel
Reply 14
Come on i need some sun who is up for wrecking a non suspecting city in Europe for the fun of it
I've been overseas on my own to Tenerife and Paphos. I ended up in hospital and then homeless in Tenerife, but I still powered through. Just be you and talk to people, don't be shy. I'm heading to Vienna on my own in October. I prefer travelling on my own.

Quick Reply

Latest