The Student Room Group

I don't think anything interesting anymore!

Hello. I'm 17 male from the UK and lately I've been thinking about what I'm doing with my life. Currently my life is pretty normal, I play video games with my friends, occasionally go out with my friends and I am attending college.

For the past few years my life has been pretty boring and repetitive. I wake up, sit on the computer all day doing different things, then I go sleep. Every so often I go out with friends or go college. I have tried to change things but spending less time on the computer as I have put on a lot of weight, I also try to work out. But in the end I always go back to how things use to be as I feel unmotivated or simply forget.

Currently I don't enjoy doing any of this, It isn't interesting to me anymore, I am not interested in computers anymore, I am not interested in what I use to want to be. for college I picked a course called animation in which I intended to complete and go onto university to seek a career in games development or working in movies for CGI. This just doesn't interest me anymore but I don't want to stop as I feel I've wasted a year of my life or disappoint my mother.

I've looked into other careers or tried self learning into subjects such as music production, coding/programming, boxing, personal trainer etc. but none of these interested me in the end or I stopped as I again felt unmotivated or uninterested. I have never really taken a full interest into anything as I did do ju-jistsu for a few months but stopped after feeling bored and unmotivated to do it. I don't really have any other interests though, I do like to watch adrenaline and extreme sports as well as movies, but out of that, I do things that I hate doing and It really frustrates me.

I've never collected anything (Maybe the occasional small collection) or done a hobby in my life, I did play for football teams and other sports when I was a lot younger but that something most people do. People do see me as a boring person and I do feel I am. This doesn't make me unhappy or depressed as I am a happy person.

What is your opinion on this?
Hmm seems quite like me
(edited 9 years ago)
Tbh i think this is something everyone goes through so you just have to decide for yourself to start living, or if you cant then decide to live your life for others. There is no magic cure i'm afraid!
Reply 3
You sound very similar to me. You don't know where your going in life a don't know where you want to go. Is there anything you really enjoy doing?
Reply 4
Original post by 8472
You sound very similar to me. You don't know where your going in life a don't know where you want to go. Is there anything you really enjoy doing?

There is things I do but they are just out of habit but I don't exactly enjoy them. Honestly there isn't anything I'm interested in that I can think off. There is things I do want to do, but they seem far fetched.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending