Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, hilarious.

Original post by tehforum
let's try again

Ah I see :rofl:
Reply 82
Original post by cjmro
Not a fan of Black Country slang I see :wink:

Is it obvious? :') I try to tone down my accent as much as I can, although I am partial to the odd slang word or two every now and again
Reply 83
Original post by charrrl
Is it obvious? :') I try to tone down my accent as much as I can, although I am partial to the odd slang word or two every now and again

Hahaa no way! I don't tone down mine at all, probably because I don't really think I have much of an accent but I've been told I have. I spose you don't really notice until you meet people from elsewhere! I don't say arf baerked though so I can't be that bad lmaooo
Reply 84
Original post by cjmro
Hahaa no way! I don't tone down mine at all, probably because I don't really think I have much of an accent but I've been told I have. I spose you don't really notice until you meet people from elsewhere! I don't say arf baerked though so I can't be that bad lmaooo

Do you say 'mom' as opposed to 'mum' or 'mam'? I went to Stratford, and I got such an odd response from surrounding people! Ever since that incident, I've tried to tone it down haha
Reply 85
Original post by charrrl
Do you say 'mom' as opposed to 'mum' or 'mam'? I went to Stratford, and I got such an odd response from surrounding people! Ever since that incident, I've tried to tone it down haha

I say mom, you? & Ahhhh I see, the accent is quite 'unique', no doubt you stuck out! :tongue:
Reply 86
Original post by cjmro
I say mom, you? & Ahhhh I see, the accent is quite 'unique', no doubt you stuck out! :tongue:

Yeah, I say mom too. I had no idea it was such a big thing! The joys of being from the Midlands eh:facepalm:
Reply 87
Original post by charrrl
Yeah, I say mom too. I had no idea it was such a big thing! The joys of being from the Midlands eh:facepalm:

It's a black country thing to say mom?!?
Reply 88
Original post by cjmro
It's a black country thing to say mom?!?

That was exactly my reaction! Apparently it's just a midlands thing. Shock of my life I tell thee!:eek:
Reply 89
Original post by charrrl
That was exactly my reaction! Apparently it's just a midlands thing. Shock of my life I tell thee!:eek:

Whaaaaat?! I know ar, propa shocked!! LOL, I actually can't believe it. No wonder there's no mother's day cards suitable for our demographic :angry: lmaooooo
Reply 90
Original post by cjmro
Whaaaaat?! I know ar, propa shocked!! LOL, I actually can't believe it. No wonder there's no mother's day cards suitable for our demographic :angry: lmaooooo

It all makes sense! People outside of the midlands tend to hate it because it's an American word (I think) but I was literally none the wiser until a few months ago
Reply 91
Original post by charrrl
It all makes sense! People outside of the midlands tend to hate it because it's an American word (I think) but I was literally none the wiser until a few months ago

That's crazy, I'm still not over it - I can't believe I didn't know :O you learn something new every day!!
people saying "Your washed" or "Your Nervous" or "I'm in your head BOY" or "Get on my level" or xyz....
Original post by JayJay-C19
"No homo."

It's so annoying. Learn to be comfortable with your sexuality, jheez.

Along with using the words Bruv or Blud. Stop.

Original post by Jooooshy
Not sure if it's a northern thing, but

"Oi nah"

Oi nah, Shut up bruv.
Original post by Fredinho
Oi nah, Shut up bruv.

Futile.
Original post by Caledonite
"yolo" grinds my gears sooo much :mad2: Also that "ermahgerd" thing.

Ditto.

Capture.PNG

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
When people write "good night Facebook" when they go to bed.

Also there was a girl at my old college I used to sometimes have lunch with sometimes and the group would order a full fat drink and she would order a diet one and say "I'll have a diet one, just to be awkward!" Once you heard that line uttered pretty much every single lunch time, it got old and annoying quite quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by cjmro
I hate this more than words can explain!!! :angry:
Who even creates these f*cking annoying phrases?!

(Why do I sound so angry? Awkward)

Adding "much" to the end of a sentence comes from the 1980s film Heathers, one of the characters said "jealous much" and it just caught on.
'It's not rocket science'
'At the end of the day'

And for some reason, the unnecessary use of the words, 'absolutely' and 'literally,' particularly when something isn't absolute or literal. :tongue:
Reply 99
I don't find phrases annoying. I like them.

Quick Reply

Latest