The Student Room Group

Gap Year & Clearing 2014

Hi,

This may seem a little late to ask, but I was wondering if anyone is aware of the clearing process regarding Gap Years.

Having deferred my entry to both my Firm and Insurance Universities, if I do not meet the Grades for either and have to go through clearing, do I do it this year or in 2015 before my course starts?
Original post by Girljames
Hi,

This may seem a little late to ask, but I was wondering if anyone is aware of the clearing process regarding Gap Years.

Having deferred my entry to both my Firm and Insurance Universities, if I do not meet the Grades for either and have to go through clearing, do I do it this year or in 2015 before my course starts?

Clearing 2014 is generally for entry in 2014. If you want to go in 2015 then you're best avoiding clearing and applying in september when you can take your time.
As above.

Once you have known grades, you can apply for a whole new range of courses for 2015 entry as soon as applications reopen in October and get either Yes or No, no 'maybe' offers. This is FAR better that scrabbling about in Clearing when most Unis simply won't be interested in you and will tell you to apply for a normal 2015 place.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending