The Student Room Group

AQA Physics UMS Grade Boundaries are now out and I am shocked

I just looked at the grade boundaries for the Physics 2 paper, one that always has lower boundaries, and it's at 55/70 raw marks for an A, that must be the highest it's ever been, how is that fair? I am sure I got an A anyway but I think it's harsh and I don't get why it's so high compared to previous years?
An A is slightly below 80% and you think that's harsh?
Look at every other year for this paper and then you will understand what I am saying
I suppose people look at it differently. I never bother investigating previous grade boundaries, so if they turn out lower than 80% i'm pleasantly surprised. I certainly wouldn't base my grade estimations on anything lower than 80%.
Good point made, I am sure I got around 58/59 out if 70 anyway but I was hoping the boundaries were lower to give me a boost on UMS!!

Original post by Desk-Lamp
I suppose people look at it differently. I never bother investigating previous grade boundaries, so if they turn out lower than 80% i'm pleasantly surprised. I certainly wouldn't base my grade estimations on anything lower than 80%.
Reply 5
Hey, quick question about the grade boundaries. Does anyone have/know/can calculate the UMS grade boundaries? I'm trying to work out if I should get my paper re-marked or not, but I don't know my actual mark. :/

Thanks!

(I got 80 UMS marks for both papers, and I'm trying to work out if I should get a re-mark to get a B)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Many people thought the paper was "easier" because there was a lot of calculation questions rather than wordy questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending