The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Zinc11
i guess i didnt make myself clear. the country i come from- singapore has their a level results come out in march. school in aussie starts in feb. alot of students from singapore start university in australia in different degrees (even law and med). it just happens that the person i know does a science degree. BUT she has classmates who started medicine with predicated grades.

the thing about the foundation is that its guranteed entry as long as you get the grade. about 20 a year get into medicine from the foundation program. I agree its mostly for kids with rich parents and thats a small number but if you are very certain you want to do medicine and can get the grades then i'd say go for it. in the UK you may not get into medicine even if you have 4As. the fact is medicine is extremely hard to get into.

the foundation program is an alternative.

Ok, im going by my experience of UNSW. Not sure about other unis. You might aswell work the rest of the year, and apply again if you have good grades, rather than spending (~20k at unsw) for the foundation year.
Reply 21
I may be wrong.

Coz I'm easily convinced by the brochure. I wrote in to ask a few question but I guess the admission people at the foundation will not tell me the bad points. haha.

In any case, for the OP the predicated grades thing shouldnt matter. Coz he should finish his A levels in June 2008 and admission to an aussie med school most likely will be Feb2009. The admission people told me that medicine doesnt allow second semester entry.

Latest

Trending

Trending