The Student Room Group

Bloggers - What sort of views are you getting?

Hello fellow bloggers,

I've just recently started blogging and have been going for a little over a month now. Just wondering roughly how many views you guys are getting an an average month? And how do you promote your blog?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Mr...
:bump:

Indeed :wink:
Reply 2
Original post by Mr...
:frown: I'm a little sad this thread isn't more active... I am trying to build up the amount of subscribers I have...
http://mrellipsis.wix.com/merelipses

Seems like you stopped posting shortly after :/
Reply 3
Either cynical belittling ones or far-right wing views.
My blog has been active and public since about October and I've had 18,000 hits from 5300 visitors since then, no idea how good/bad/average that is.
Original post by such_a_lady
My blog has been active and public since about October and I've had 18,000 hits from 5300 visitors since then, no idea how good/bad/average that is.

I'm new to this so I don't really know if that's good/average either. How are you promoting your blog?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by such_a_lady

I'd say that's pretty good. Mine has been going longer but since Oct 1st I've had:

44k pageviews from 8.7k users.
How are you promoting it?

Original post by Reue
I'd say that's pretty good. Mine has been going longer but since Oct 1st I've had:

44k pageviews from 8.7k users.
Reply 8
Original post by Nubian Rapunzel
How are you promoting it?

Primarily though commenting on other related blogs and forums. Once I'd been going a few months I noticed several sites were starting to link back to me. 1 site in particular now generates about 50% of all my traffic.
Oh wow! So basically I need to go stalkermode lol. What's your blog address?

Original post by Reue
Primarily though commenting on other related blogs and forums. Once I'd been going a few months I noticed several sites were starting to link back to me. 1 site in particular now generates about 50% of all my traffic.
I get about 10,500 visits a month. Roughly 350-390 visits a day. Most of which come from Pinterest and Google :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
Most of which come from Pinterest

I've seen others mention this before. How does it generate leads?
Reply 12
Oh wow! So basically I need to go stalkermode lol. What's your blog address?

My blog would be of no interest to you or 99.9% of people here I expect, it focuses on extreme early retirement (40s or younger).
Original post by Reue
My blog would be of no interest to you or 99.9% of people here I expect, it focuses on extreme early retirement (40s or younger).

Oh wow! That sounds so random! I'd still like to read it x
Reply 14
Oh wow! That sounds so random! I'd still like to read it x

There's plenty of other ones with far more content if you're interested:

http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/
http://simple-living-in-suffolk.co.uk/
http://earlyretirementextreme.com/
Reply 15
Most of my views come from tsr. I don't know how else to publicise it.
Reply 16
I get about 10,500 visits a month. Roughly 350-390 visits a day. Most of which come from Pinterest and Google :smile:

Really impressive, whats your Blog on ?
Original post by Reue
I've seen others mention this before. How does it generate leads?

I create keyword rich boards, and pin relevant images in there - using the Pinterest search function. Since i the personal development niche, it's all about the quotes, and they're very popular on pinterest/Instagram.

I use buffer to schedule my pins, roughly about 5 a day, and the pins which get the most repins/likes, i insert my link in the pin description where people can read more about the topic. This sends a lot of residual traffic to my blog.

Since I've got a sign up form/call to action box at the bottom of my articles - people jist fill it in and i grow my list that way.

One of my pins has been repinned over 17,000 times hehe. Thought it was a fluke before, but i repeated the process and it seems to be an effective strategy :smile:
Original post by Atreus
Really impressive, whats your Blog on ?

Personal development, relationships, mental health, career and money :smile:
Reply 19
I create keyword rich boards, and pin relevant images in there - using the Pinterest search function. Since i the personal development niche, it's all about the quotes, and they're very popular on pinterest/Instagram.

I use buffer to schedule my pins, roughly about 5 a day, and the pins which get the most repins/likes, i insert my link in the pin description where people can read more about the topic. This sends a lot of residual traffic to my blog.

Since I've got a sign up form/call to action box at the bottom of my articles - people jist fill it in and i grow my list that way.

One of my pins has been repinned over 17,000 times hehe. Thought it was a fluke before, but i repeated the process and it seems to be an effective strategy :smile:

Sounds really interesting. Can you link us to some? (or PM it over if you don't want to link in public?).

thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest