The Student Room Group

Confirmed a uni but want to go into clearing

Hi I've already received my results and have been confirmed a place on ucas but I would like to see if I can go through clearing to get another offer from better unis. I don't think I can go through adjustment because my grades aren't too great. So if I ring unis up tomorrow will they still consider me even though I've confirmed a uni? Because I don't want to withdraw from the uni I've confirmed until I've received a verbal offer in clearing?
Original post by TheInternet123
Hi I've already received my results and have been confirmed a place on ucas but I would like to see if I can go through clearing to get another offer from better unis. I don't think I can go through adjustment because my grades aren't too great. So if I ring unis up tomorrow will they still consider me even though I've confirmed a uni? Because I don't want to withdraw from the uni I've confirmed until I've received a verbal offer in clearing?

As long as you've met and exceeded your offer you should be using Adjustment, since it's like a "risk free" version of Clearing (you can talk to other universities without having to give up your firm place first). However, if you're not eligible for Adjustment you'll have to ask your confirmed university to release you so that you can go into Clearing. Other universities won't talk to you in Clearing unless you have a Clearing number, which you only get upon being formally released and have no firm or insurance offers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Blackacre
As long as you've met and exceeded your offer you should be using Adjustment, since it's like a "risk free" version of Clearing (you can talk to other universities without having to give up your firm place first). However, if you're not eligible for Adjustment you'll have to ask your confirmed university to release you so that you can go into Clearing. Other universities won't talk to you in Clearing unless you have a Clearing number, which you only get upon being formally released and have no firm or insurance offers.

Last year my brother applied through clearing when he still didn't have a response from one of his unis(they had to write unsuccessful on his ucas). He still managed to get offers from other unis and just told them he was waiting for the other uni to write their decision. Do you think I can say that I have a place I am willing to withdraw once I receive an offer from them? I'm just wondering how I can convince them to consider me without withdrawing from my other uni first as I don't think I am eligible for Adjustment.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheInternet123
Last year my brother applied through clearing when he still didn't have a response from one of his unis(they had to write unsuccessful on his ucas). He still managed to get offers from other unis and just told them he was waiting for the other uni to write their decision. Do you think I can say that I have a place I am willing to withdraw once I receive an offer from them? I'm just wondering how I can convince them to consider me without withdrawing from my other uni first as I don't think I am eligible for Adjustment.

Whatever uni that was shouldn't have done that as he wouldn't have a clearing number by the sounds of that. Why don't you think you're eligible for adjustment? What was your offer and what did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending