The Student Room Group

How can I get over insecurities in an LDR??

A few years back I was in a relationship that turned into an LDR, then one day out of the blue he rang and told me it was over and I never saw him again.

Now me and my boyfriend have recently become long distance, and can only see each other once a fortnight. I am crippled with anxiety in the times between we see each other, I'm convinced he is going to call it off. If he doesn't text me for a while or he seems a bit "off" I immediately assume that he is preparing to break up with me. It's all i think about.

It's especially bad if, when we have spent time together, we have argued or disagreed. Then I go home after staying with him feeling so helpless and that he is definitely going to end things.

I hate feeling like this, I feel on edge all the time. What can I do? Does anyone else experience this?
Have you talked to your boyfriend about this? See if between the two of you, you can do things that make you feel better, like making an effort to reply to your texts promptly when possible.
Reply 2
Original post by rmhumphries
Have you talked to your boyfriend about this? See if between the two of you, you can do things that make you feel better, like making an effort to reply to your texts promptly when possible.

We have talked about it, but I don't want him to feel smothered. He says he would never list dump me for no reason but in my head there always IS a reason. He is pretty stressed with work at the moment which accounts for him not being able to contact me as much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending