The Student Room Group

Applying for Nursing (Adult) MNurs

Hi there.

I am applying for this course at Northumbria University and I was wondering if anyone else has applied for this before and what the application process is like.

Thank you.:biggrin:
hi, ive just applied for this too :smile:
have you heard anything yet??
Reply 2
I havent sent my application off yet. I'm doing my last touches on my personal statement. I don't know when the application process closes.
Well this year, to start March 2014, it was open right up until the start date... I know because I almost considered applying to start then!! I have an interview 17 Sept, good luck with your application and fingers crossed you'll also have an interview soon!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Let me know how your interview goes. Last year i applied for the BSc but i was totally un prepared my baby was only a month old if that.
I have sent off my application. How long will it be to hear back from them? Ive been reading up so much stuff and looking into childcare already.
Fingers crossed for you!
Thanx!! Not sure how long it'll take to hear back, they've been fairly quick with emails and replies to everything so far - so fingers crossed it will be the same!! There's a lot of paperwork to fill in before the interview too - so make sure you're prepared for that!! I'm doing loads of overtime at the mo so struggling to fit it in to be honest!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I have an interview for the 6th october. Have you done the apl/apel.
I am so confused by it. Hopefully I can get it done this week x:confused:
Well done on the interview!! I have done some of it, as they wanted it before interview, but it still needs some work!! I basically just took my personal statement and massively expanded all my points... Then I added in things that were relevant, but less so than the others so had missed them out of my ps... If you get my meaning?? We might end up being class mates!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
well I have my fingers crossed I get into this. Its something I really really want. Im doing my apl today. Ill have a go and see if that helps me. Im still reading up on stuff for the interview. I hope it all comes up and I dont sit there like a wally like last time xxx
I am at my interview now - just waiting to go in at 1 o clock!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
fingers crossed for you xxxxx
Thanx!! Good luck with the APL!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
How was it? Do they tell you when you'll hear back?
It was fine... Same as BSc interview, so you do video/written task, group interview and individual interview, and they didn't ask anything you shouldn't have prepared for!! My APEL needs extra work, as I only had approx 10 days to do it, so I won't find out until I resubmit that, they said usually 7-14 days... It's nothing to get too nervous about tho, not of you've done your prep!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least I know what to expect then :smile: hopefully just less people lol.
The start of the apl confuses me. do i just put in my degree? or enter the modules. unfortunately i think my a level biology cant be included :frown:
Yeah, there was supposed to be 6 there yest, 5 turned up... So nice little group!! I put all modules from my degree that I thought would be relevant, then wrote about what I'd done in them that was relevant...

Posted from TSR Mobile
its just with them being only 3 boxes I have no idea how to fit it all in.
Oh, I think I made a new box underneath!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending