The Student Room Group

ok for a girl to ask a guy out?

What are your thoughts on a girl asking a guy out?

I met someone a while ago and I haven't been sure on his level of interest so I've admittedly been 'playing it cool'.

However, Now he is ! Should I just stop playing games and ask him to hang out? Or will it be too needy for a girl to ask a guy?

Any thoughts?
We are both 21. (If that matters)
Reply 1
Original post by Paprika123

I met someone a while ago and I haven't been sure on his level of interest so I've admittedly been 'playing it cool'.

However, Now he is ! Should I just stop playing games and ask him to hang out? Or will it be too needy for a girl to ask a guy?

Any thoughts?

If he's actually interested he wouldn't say no. If he's just got you down as a maybe, then this might be a push in the wrong direction

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ask him!! Struggle to understand why it'd be considered needy at all.
YES. Go for it girl :biggrin:
Original post by Paprika123

Any thoughts?

Why not?

in my opinion, if I were said guy, I'd be really impressed and think, 's***, this girls got confidence'

:smile: don't let society and oppression hold you down
Reply 5
Definitely!

If anything, I find it slightly odd that there even was a stigma on girls asking out in the past. Surely if one person likes another, they should find out if their feelings are reciprocated, no?

Go for it! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
It's refreshing when a girl makes the first move. He definitely won't think you're 'needy'.

Girls should take the initiative and do it more often. It gets very boring as a guy having to go up to girls and make the first move. My current girlfriend asked me out and it's the best relationship I've ever been in!
Reply 7
Thanks guys :smile: , nice to have some reassurance that it's not needy/clingy

I'm going to bite the bullet and ask him next time he calls.
Reply 8
Would you think its needy/clingy if he asked you out? So why would it be if you asked him?

Maybe hes waiting for you to make the first move.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending