The Student Room Group

How would you feel if you were conceived by sperm donor?

How do you think you'd feel? Raised by a single mother who used a sperm donor because she couldn't find the right guy. She was loving, caring and you had a happy childhood. She was honest with you from a young age as to how you were conceived.
Reply 1
I'd question the mental health of the mother, as there's plenty of guys out there to have a relationship with. I'd eventually end up hating her because I wouldn't have a normal family like everyone I'd see around me. There's a chance I'd be bullied and mocked for having a single parent. I'd blame her for not giving be a normal childhood, as I'd have no father who 'wanted' me.
Wouldn't care
Original post by D.Wright
I'd question the mental health of the mother, as there's plenty of guys out there to have a relationship with. I'd eventually end up hating her because I wouldn't have a normal family like everyone I'd see around me. There's a chance I'd be bullied and mocked for having a single parent. I'd blame her for not giving be a normal childhood, as I'd have no father who 'wanted' me.

Are you from the past?
Odd. Just really, really odd.
Original post by D.Wright

Totally understand bro
Provided that I'd been given a good life from my mother...I wouldn't really care and I'd be very grateful. ^_^

I would find it a little strange though, I'd probably want to find my biological father at some point though.
Posted from TSR Mobile
I would hate both my parents
I'd feel bitter I think.
Reply 9
I would feel extra special and wanted
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Wouldn't care

Ditto.
I'd probably be quite sad about the fact that I couldn't be born from more 'traditional' circumstances but there will be a lot of people born like this now. There were people conceived from rapes who have gone on to live fulfilling lives and I would say that is much worse than being conceived by sperm donor.
I'd feel like a otherworldly being
Reply 13
I think I'd feel angry/upset at first but then I'd come round.
I wouldn't care. The main thing would be how my mum and family raised me, not where the sperm that helped create me came from.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It wouldn't bother me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The main thing is that I'm in safe hands & raised well, however I suppose I'd be a bit curious of who my father was.
I wouldn't care too much. It's not like I'd be the first person whose father was a ****er.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest