The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

is anyone moving in to their bradford accommodation a few days earlier?

i'm moving into my accommodation on the 13th of september though i only need to be there on the 15th. was wondering if anyone else is moving in early as well

Scroll to see replies

Original post by deejade
i'm moving into my accommodation on the 13th of september though i only need to be there on the 15th. was wondering if anyone else is moving in early as well

I'm going into my 4th year and there are always loads of people arriving early so don't worry you won't be alone!

What are you studying? Feel free to ask me anything about student life/ nightlife, etc.

Rob
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Hi
Most big accommodation sites do a move in weekend which for us this year is the 13th and 14th of September- some students arrive before that, and some arrive after. We always recommend that if you are a 1st year you arrive at the weekend to give yourself time to settle in before University starts.

Hope this helps!

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team
Reply 3
Yo, mate. I'm doing MPharm here, living at Flat: 13 Block: Heron. pick me up if you fancy a drink.:cool:
Probably arrive bit early, gonna racing around Yorkshire on my bike.
Reply 4
Original post by Moonface1
I'm going into my 4th year and there are always loads of people arriving early so don't worry you won't be alone!

What are you studying? Feel free to ask me anything about student life/ nightlife, etc.

Rob

im studying mental health nursing and just proper scared for university hope it gets easier and how is the student life?
Reply 5
Original post by 954013804
Yo, mate. I'm doing MPharm here, living at Flat: 13 Block: Heron. pick me up if you fancy a drink.:cool:
Probably arrive bit early, gonna racing around Yorkshire on my bike.

when are you moving in?
Reply 6
Original post by UniversalStudentLiving
Hi
Most big accommodation sites do a move in weekend which for us this year is the 13th and 14th of September- some students arrive before that, and some arrive after. We always recommend that if you are a 1st year you arrive at the weekend to give yourself time to settle in before University starts.

Hope this helps!

Rachel

oh good! glad i wont be like the only person to arrive so early, and glad you've reassured me as i'll be living in universal student living
Reply 7
Original post by deejade
when are you moving in?

13 or 14th not sure atm, all depend on whether i can get a car drop me down there. cos i live in london atm. is a long way !
Reply 8
im moving in on the 13th as well. yes that is a long way away! i thought i was quite far being about 1.30-2 hours away but youre so much further
Reply 9
i firmed bradford and got the grades, applied for accommodation ages ago but have'nt heard anything about whats going on since.. anybody in the same position or got their accommodation info?
Original post by ahmmm
i firmed bradford and got the grades, applied for accommodation ages ago but have'nt heard anything about whats going on since.. anybody in the same position or got their accommodation info?

Did you apply online, or by paper form/email? PM me your details and I'll follow it up for you.
I've booked a room at Laisteridge Lane (Trinity B I think) and intend to move in on the 13th as I'm having my leaving party with my mates on the 13th. Can't wait, so excited especially after getting my GCSE maths result this morning (B grade).
Original post by Adie_Bradford
I've booked a room at Laisteridge Lane (Trinity B I think) and intend to move in on the 13th as I'm having my leaving party with my mates on the 13th. Can't wait, so excited especially after getting my GCSE maths result this morning (B grade).

Hi,

We cant wait to have you move in with us! Have you joined the Facebook group for our Bradford site yet?

If not you should check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/551987501511482/

Rachel
Original post by UniversalStudentLiving
Hi,

We cant wait to have you move in with us! Have you joined the Facebook group for our Bradford site yet?

If not you should check it out!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/551987501511482/

Rachel

Thanks Rachel, joined the group ages ago, lots of very handy information :smile:
Reply 14
I'm moving either the 13th or 14th but I am yet to find where my flat is. How do I find out?
Reply 15
Original post by Jeselou
I'm moving either the 13th or 14th but I am yet to find where my flat is. How do I find out?

you just sign onto your account that you will have made to pay for your accommodation and i think it says it on there or you might have got an email to confirm
Reply 16
That's my Accommodation Booked !!!
The Greens, in the Heron Block... Anyone staying there ?
Reply 17
Original post by DJH101
That's my Accommodation Booked !!!
The Greens, in the Heron Block... Anyone staying there ?

I'm staying in Heron, flat 12

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by xobeth
I'm staying in Heron, flat 12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool !!! Same Building, I am in Flat 3, what will you be studying ? :smile:
Original post by deejade
im studying mental health nursing and just proper scared for university hope it gets easier and how is the student life?

Sorry for the delay!

Everyone's nervous about moving to University and remember that everyone else is in the same boat, just be positive and try to get involved ASAP when you arrive. There will be lots going on when you get here so make the most of Freshers Week.

The student life is great if you get involved! I'd definitely recommend joining a sports team or a society when you get here if possible. They will always be doing something you can get involved in and, as cheesy as it sounds, it will become like a second family.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending