The Student Room Group

How likely is it to find a partner without a social life

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yasmin25
My bf had no social life before he met me and tbh he still doesn't have one now he's with me. He prefers it just to be us doing something together. He met me at school but we never spoke or anything. He only met me and got talking to me by accident because he had to go into town for something for his dad, he ran into someone from his class and was talking to them for a few mins and then me and my friend knew his classmate and we all got talking and then he added me on FB and msn and the next day we started meeting up pretty much every day, most of the time just me and him. 5 yrs on, he's still the same, prefers it just me and him. I don't mind that as I see him as my best friend and my bf anyway. Before all of that he was a typical hermit who sat in every day and played games.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'd love a person like you, someone who doesn't mind that the male is not a high and mighty socialite but just a normal person. I keep fearing that a girl needs a man that goes out drinking and has to be able to party etc.
Reply 21
Original post by Flyingaround
i'd love a person like you, someone who doesn't mind that the male is not a high and mighty socialite but just a normal person. I keep fearing that a girl needs a man that goes out drinking and has to be able to party etc.

Girls who are looking for serious relationships don't go for that kind of thing at all
Original post by 322394
Girls who are looking for serious relationships don't go for that kind of thing at all

that's good then unless you meant the thing that i'd love lol
Reply 23
that's good then unless you meant the thing that i'd love lol

the thing?
Original post by 322394
the thing?

unless you weren't agreeing with me i mean :smile:
This is an honest answer to this question...

2 months ago, i was a loner, no friends no nothing. Then I made a friend. Then i joined up with his friends. I went out about 5 times to the park with them... There was a few girls but i barely knew them so i left them alone. Then, a girl who i done DOFE with joined us for 1 time only. I sent her a friend request on facebook and now I am talking to her like crazy. There is always a chance for people like me and you. You just have to search.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foodmaster
This is an honest answer to this question...

2 months ago, i was a loner, no friends no nothing. Then I made a friend. Then i joined up with his friends. I went out about 5 times to the park with them... There was a few girls but i barely knew them so i left them alone. Then, a girl who i done DOFE with joined us for 1 time only. I sent her a friend request on facebook and now I am talking to her like crazy. There is always a chance for people like me and you. You just have to search.

Friendzoned.
I have been friend zoned? How is that even possible if A. You dont know who the heck it is and B. If you dont know how long for. It is mostly over 6 months you are friendzoned...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't really say I enjoy going out that much, unless it's with close friends or people I don't mind. I don't like a lot of people, especially in my home city as I've known them in the past from school etc.

If I found a partner who wasn't all that social it'd be great haha! Everyone seems to like clubbing and drinking lots though :/
Not a chance. Unless you come across a really charming person that turns into a psychopath once you commit to him/her
Original post by Foodmaster
I have been friend zoned? How is that even possible if A. You dont know who the heck it is and B. If you dont know how long for. It is mostly over 6 months you are friendzoned...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats a friendzone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Very possible if your social skills are good.
just want to die now
A social life isnt just going out drinking/clubbing. You can meet someone anywhere where people are. Shopping, at work, on the train, coffee shop etc.

If you don't have any friends, then try online dating.

It's normal to not have any friends or social life? I think it would be hard to date someone like that as they'd be so reliant on you.

But yeah, I'd say more girlfriends feel their boyfriends go out drinking/partying too much than not enough, that really won't be a problem.
As an individual, I adore guys which are introverts. I mean, whenever I talk to an introvert we typically have the same interests, likes & hobbies. And yes, this is all because I'm an introvert myself. Guys which are quiet and are quite knowledgeable are my type, yet I have no dating experience as I'm quite young. Just why would you not prefer a guy whose an introvert?
I just realised.... It's mostly guys that are answering.
Original post by Hitashami
Whats a friendzone

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some bull**** terminolgy about never being able to be more than 'just friends' with a member of the opposite sex.

People like to randomly throw it around on here like they have some kind of secret hard scientific understanding of human courtship and think they can tell when someone has been landed in the 'zone' from a sentence presented on an internet forum about 2 people they have never met.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Some bull**** terminolgy about never being able to be more than 'just friends' with a member of the opposite sex.

People like to randomly throw it around on here like they have some kind of secret hard scientific understanding of human courtship and think they can tell when someone has been landed in the 'zone' from a sentence presented on an internet forum about 2 people they have never met.

But.... who wouldn't wanna just be friends with a girl? :frown: I like having female friends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hitashami
But.... who wouldn't wanna just be friends with a girl? :frown: I like having female friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there is nothing wrong obviously. I wasn't saying you shouldn't have female friends :lolwut:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending