The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No thanks, I'm all for conspiracy theories but this is ridiculous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
what a load of bs
No.
Original post by Seathestars
No.

Many of their arguments, although a little tenuous, do make sense.
Original post by RocketCiaranJ

Didn't watch the video. Don't need to.
Reply 6

Are you for real?
And this is the reason why most conspiracy theories are not taken seriously!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Smurf
Are you for real?

Look, I'm an intelligent guy; almost :biggrin: But is it not possible that this is a load of Hitler hate? Would so many people, having already heard stories of the gas chambers, be so easily taken, orderly, into the chambers?
Ah remember in the race supremacists world:

Holocaust against Jews carried out by Hitler, for which there is mountains of historical evidence that has been peer-reviewed multiple times.....nope don't believe in that one

But the 'ethnic genocide' against white people carried out by New Labour/the EU/the cultural Marxists at the BBC....that's TRUE ITS HAPPENING ALL AROUND US
The Holocaust was definitely not a lie. I mean you can be imprisoned in German for denying its existence. (That's not what I'm basing my argument on btw).

Edit: Before you challenge me... Read my posts and the brackets! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Look, I'm an intelligent guy; almost :biggrin: But is it not possible that this is a load of Hitler hate? Would so many people, having already heard stories of the gas chambers, be so easily taken, orderly, into the chambers?

I think you need to educate yourself more on this subject. This post could be seen as quite insensitive and almost offensive too. - Maybe read up on this part a little bit more as what you've said isn't quite true.
I think you need to educate yourself more on this subject. This post could be seen as quite insensitive and almost offensive too. - Maybe read up on this part a little bit more as what you've said isn't quite true.

Yes, there were multiple cases of 'disorder'. But the chambers were utterly crammed with people; individuals who, based upon stories from survivors, were aware of their inevitable fate. Would they be so cooperative?
By the way, I have an A* in A-Level History.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by karmacrunch
The Holocaust was definitely not a lie. I mean you can be imprisoned in German for denying its existence. (That's not what I'm basing my argument on btw).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe that something happened, most probably the Holocaust but now what happened to freedom of speech? Its not anti Semitic but people should be free to question anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch

Posted from TSR Mobile

That doesn't actually prove anything. It also goes against the idea of freedom of speech. Edit: (just absorbed what you said in those brackets :tongue:)

What does prove it is the overwhelming historical evidence of industrial genocide carried out by the Nazis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes, there were multiple cases of 'disorder'. But the chambers were utterly crammed with people; individuals who, based upon stories from survivors, were aware of their inevitable fate.
By the way, I have an A* in A-Level History.

Then surely you of all people should know better than this?
Also - you said it yourself 'inevitable' after months of starvation, manual labour, disease and sickness, surely people would have no fight left?
Depression must have been rife, and with that there is no action to save yourself, there is no emotion as people have already detached from reality.
My best guess is that of the people who knew, many accepted their horrendous fate, others stood brave in the face of children, and the remainder either were unaware or simply wouldn't accept this was happening to them.

You need only look at how terminal cancer patients accept death to understand most people do not react in a way you would expect.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That doesn't actually prove anything. It also goes against the idea of freedom of speech.

What does prove it is the overwhelming historical evidence of industrial genocide carried out by the Nazis.

I completely agree with you; there is a vast amount of coherent and logical evidence. But the point stands that, based upon records gathered from the Nazis themselves, there was not sufficient time to gas 500,000 people.
Original post by RoyalBlue7
I believe that something happened, most probably the Holocaust but now what happened to freedom of speech? Its not anti Semitic but people should be free to question anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Freedom of speech now means denying the mass murder millions of innocent people?

Also (thank you ChaoticButterfly :tongue:)-

"If you believe in freedom of speech, you believe in freedom of speech for views you don’t like. Goebbels was in favor of freedom of speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you’re in favor of freedom of speech, that means you’re in favor of freedom of speech precisely for views you despise." -Noam Chomsky

I know it might be hypocritical of me saying the above but I don't understand how you can question whether one of the biggest horrors in history ever actually happened. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Then surely you of all people should know better than this?
Also - you said it yourself 'inevitable' after months of starvation, manual labour, disease and sickness, surely people would have no fight left?
Depression must have been rife, and with that there is no action to save yourself, there is no emotion as people have already detached from reality.
My best guess is that of the people who knew, many accepted their horrendous fate, others stood brave in the face of children, and the remainder either were unaware or simply wouldn't accept this was happening to them.

You need only look at how terminal cancer patients accept death to understand most people do not react in a way you would expect.

True, but you cannot seriously state that everyone would accept their fate? There would always be some who would incite chaos; and even those suffering from horrendous starvation would still be in a number capable of an effective revolt against the Nazis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That doesn't actually prove anything. It also goes against the idea of freedom of speech.

Like I said... I'm not basing my argument on that. It does go against freedom of speech but I don't think that you should deny that something that obviously happened. An event as big especially.

I agree (I've been to a concentration camp as well :frown:)... but read the above. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending