The Student Room Group

why are some customers so unnecessarily rude?!

My last customer of the day (thank god) just clicked his fingers and beckoned me over because he needed help. No please, thank you, or even an excuse me.

Who brings these cretins up? Have they no idea that retail staff are also human, and they should be polite to us. You wouldn't click your fingers and beckon over a normal person in the street, so why a shop worker.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Original post by jhumfy
My last customer of the day (thank god) just clicked his fingers and beckoned me over because he needed help. No please, thank you, or even an excuse me.

Who brings these cretins up? Have they no idea that retail staff are also human, and they should be polite to us. You wouldn't click your fingers and beckon over a normal person in the street, so why a shop worker.

Definitely know how you feel!!
But yeah customers like that make me feel that they think all retail staff are thick and can be treated like dirt :angry:! Yet there are retail staff like myself are students as well.
Argh makes me wanna slap them silly with their patheticness :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
They have what is called the **** gene.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by KrisCussans
They have what is called the c*** gene.

Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it is largely that a lot of people see retail and other similar jobs as being beneath them and assume all retail workers aren't clever/haven't worked hard enough etc to do anything 'better'.

Working in fast food, the customer's that annoy me the most are the ones that snap their order and throw their money at you like you're wasting their time (and do the same when you need to ask them questions to get their order right) and then are the first to get annoyed when their order is wrong. They appear to think we're all telepathic and should just know what they want. :rolleyes:
I totally agree.
Some people seem to think that they can treat people who work in shops like that, probably because they think they are beneath them or whatever. But i agree it isnt acceptable. If people in retail wherent there, then there wouldnt be shops for them to work in.
Look on the thread annoying customers mk II (i created the original, which got to 10,000 posts). http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2720798&highlight=annoying+customers
Reply 6
He/they were lucky that you weren't in a position to pour hot coffee in their lap!! That always goes over well. Cheers.
Original post by jhumfy

That scenario exactly happened to me on my first day when working in retail.
In my opinion its because of the power and 'principle' - the 'I am the customer, of course I'm always right.' :colonhash:
Original post by BritishGirl
That scenario exactly happened to me on my first day when working in retail.
In my opinion its because of the power and 'principle' - the 'I am the customer, of course I'm always right.' :colonhash:

I totally agree.
They seem to think they are right, but some are far from it. Some think they know better than the people who actually work there and know what they are talking about.
Reply 9
Original post by Rabbit2
He/they were lucky that you weren't in a position to pour hot coffee in their lap!! That always goes over well. Cheers.

Please check thread dates, this is 5 years old.

Latest

Trending

Trending