The Student Room Group

I want to do a different course at the same uni, is it too late?

So I applied to do Media, Culture and Communication and got a conditional offer, then I realised this was a mistake and I wanted to do Journalism. You need the same grades to get in and it is the same university, would I have to go through clearing? And does that mean if I get an unconditional offer tomorrow I'd have to reject and go through clearing? Baring in mind I think the Journalism course is a little more competitive.
Original post by xokerryn
So I applied to do Media, Culture and Communication and got a conditional offer, then I realised this was a mistake and I wanted to do Journalism. You need the same grades to get in and it is the same university, would I have to go through clearing? And does that mean if I get an unconditional offer tomorrow I'd have to reject and go through clearing? Baring in mind I think the Journalism course is a little more competitive.

Ring them up THIS MORNING and ask to swap - they may let you, even if journalism isn't in Clearing, but you do need to act fast.
Agree with above, sometimes moving you across is quite a simple thing to do within the same uni but if you don't act fast then you may loose the opportunity. Phone calls are the only way to go, don't bother with email on a day like today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending