The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

MEDIA Course Q&A from a current student.

Evening all,

As some of you will know, and those who don't will soon at the BCU Media Department we're running the LUVM this summer. In plain English it's a service which is being handled by current students (Including myself, 2nd year Journalism).

As I know many of you use The Student Room, I wanted to start a thread in which I can answer any questions you may have about the course, about the University or about Uni Life in General.

Just to let you know more about me, I'm a second year student who is doing Journalism and New media. I stayed in Jennings the first, now i'm staying in a house in Edgebaston with three other friends.

All I can say is don't be worried about starting University. I was worried about moving out but it's been the best year of my life so far.

If you have any questions then feel free to post them here and I can answer them. If not I can get another LUVM mentor to answer it.

Welcome to BCU!
:smile:
Reply 1
Hello there,

I am studying Media & Communication as a first year at BCU very soon and I am curious as to what days I will be at uni, does anyone know of a general outline of what a first year media students' timetable would be like?
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by SteffH.
Hello there,

I am studying Media & Communication as a first year at BCU very soon and I am curious as to what days I will be at uni, does anyone know of a general outline of what a first year media students' timetable would be like?

Generally you will be in 4 days a week, with Wednesday being your day off. That's how my time-table worked in the first year. :smile:
How many hours will we be doing a week as a first year going in to media and communications!
Reply 4
Hiya!

A few questions for ya!

- What is the nightlife like?
- I would be coming from Ireland, would it be hard to make friends?
- What are the facilities like for radio?
- Is it expensive to live in Birmingham?

Thanks a million if you could answer any of these!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending