The Student Room Group

Where do you revise?

I don't have a desk or anything to revise properly so I just sit on my bed and revise but I realised that this isn't very good because I get easily tempted to sleep when I get tired.

Scroll to see replies

I revise best on the floor. Lying on my tummy with everything spread out all over the place. Reading and rewriting notes etc often gets done on my bed or at my desk, but proper revision or studying gets done on the floor.
Original post by Nadine_08
I don't have a desk or anything to revise properly so I just sit on my bed and revise but I realised that this isn't very good because I get easily tempted to sleep when I get tired.

I'm the same except that I actually have a desk, it's certainly not good :nah: I fall asleep every time :teehee: Sometimes I revise on the floor though :tongue: With all the books on the floor :yep:
I don't have a desk either :/ I really want one though as I always sit on my bed or in the floor which really isn't comfortable. I don't like sitting at the kitchen table though as it just feels odd haha
Reply 4
Original post by GoingToBurst
I revise best on the floor. Lying on my tummy with everything spread out all over the place. Reading and rewriting notes etc often gets done on my bed or at my desk, but proper revision or studying gets done on the floor.

I've tried that before but I find it uncomfortable because my neck gets tired and my hips hurt and I just end up giving up and laying my whole body on the floor.
Reply 5
Original post by ashleymacleod
I don't have a desk either :/ I really want one though as I always sit on my bed or in the floor which really isn't comfortable. I don't like sitting at the kitchen table though as it just feels odd haha

Same!! I don't know what to do anymore and on top of that my little sister is always coming into my room and disturbing me.
Reply 6
You could go to a public library after school or on weekends, or if your school offers it like mine does, you could stay behind and study in the school library. I studied in my room at my desk. I get distracted too easily around other people. Everyone's different though, see what works for you. You could always buy a cheap desk for your room from ikea or something.
Reply 7
Original post by Bi'mk Rose
I'm the same except that I actually have a desk, it's certainly not good :nah: I fall asleep every time :teehee: Sometimes I revise on the floor though :tongue: With all the books on the floor :yep:

I think i'm gonna start revising on the floor but not laying on my tummy cus that makes me tired.
Reply 8
Original post by cd43
You could go to a public library after school or on weekends, or if your school offers it like mine does, you could stay behind and study in the school library. I studied in my room at my desk. I get distracted too easily around other people. Everyone's different though, see what works for you. You could always buy a cheap desk for your room from ikea or something.

Thing is there isn't enough room to put a desk in my room. Yeah I go to study in public libraries sometimes but like you, I get distracted easily too and end up leaving early with not much revision done but I guess this could be minimised by finding a table in a quiet area facing the wall or something but most of the times that I have gone to the library, all the good places are gone.
I think i'm gonna start revising on the floor but not laying on my tummy cus that makes me tired.

I'd personally find revising on the floor like that uncomfortable :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by Black Rose
I'd personally find revising on the floor like that uncomfortable :redface:

Yeah maybe, I'll just see what works well for me.
Original post by GoingToBurst

This :ditto:.

But when reading some thing as dull as Biology I use the desk, but that too is not enough to keep me awake. After some while I'm just reading without grasping anything. So I get up, go out where there is a corridor like area and I walk up and down reading. This way I'm focused and its really easy to digest all those random facts :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
On a desk with a chair in my room which is quiet with classical music playing in the background on spotify . Or in a public/college library with music

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by toonervoustotalk
On a desk with a chair in my room which is quiet with classical music playing in the background on spotify . Or in a public/college library with music

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it true that it's better to have music in the background when revising rather than using headphones?
Is it true that it's better to have music in the background when revising rather than using headphones?

It depends on the person and what type of music is playing in the background. If I work with songs with lyrics I get distracted and start singing the song instead of revising. If on the other hand I put on classical music which has no lyrics I fly through my revision because there is nothing to distract me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by toonervoustotalk
It depends on the person and what type of music is playing in the background. If I work with songs with lyrics I get distracted and start singing the song instead of revising. If on the other hand I put on classical music which has no lyrics I fly through my revision because there is nothing to distract me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But is it better to have it in the background rather than using headphones?
But is it better to have it in the background rather than using headphones?

I dont really notice a difference between them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On my desk. I sometimes go to the library but I get way too distracted there -_-
Reply 18
The main body of my revision is based at my desk in my bedroom. I often revise in the quiet room at college as it's soundproofed. I'm an awful procrastinator; my revision consists of around 60% TSR and YouTube, and 40% actual revision. My parents think I'm actually revising when I tell them, fools. :aetsch:
I don't have a desk either! It's so frustrating because I do my homework on my bed (I can never revise- probably because I don't have an adequate study space...) and it's hard to concentrate. My parents have been promising that I'll get my room decorated soon and then I'll have a desk- It's getting a bit ridiculous now, it's been a promise my whole life :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending