University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Freshers Megathread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by ziggyl
Me!! You excited? :smile:

Very, both about the course and freshers in general :biggrin:
What accommodation have you applied for?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 61
Original post by alpen
Very, both about the course and freshers in general :biggrin:
What accommodation have you applied for?

Me too! I've put my options as arthur vick, heronbank, sherbourne, claycroft then whitefields :smile: how about you? Can't wait to find out which accommodation I've got!
Original post by sxra
Hey everyone, congrats on your results! I just have a quick question - I was given a verbal offer to study BA English from Warwick today via Adjustment (yaaaaaaay) and was just wondering what made you guys firm here? Also, to anyone who has been to the off-campus accommodation: what would you say its like?

Thanks so much :smile:

Warwick was only one of two universities which I visited prior to finalising my decisions with UCAS (the other uni was Bath), and as soon as I arrived I just knew that this was the best uni for me! Apart from the highly reputable courses, the social aspect looks great, even if you're not really into clubbing and that sort of stuff, as there are so many different societies and volunteer projects which you can become involved with :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by ziggyl
Me too! I've put my options as arthur vick, heronbank, sherbourne, claycroft then whitefields :smile: how about you? Can't wait to find out which accommodation I've got!

Nice choices :smile: Mine are completely different apart from sherbourne haha. I applied JM, Bluebell (pls don't give me this), Sherbourne, Rootes then Cryfields. Ahah same here, its a relief to have met the conditions, my track still hasn't updated yet though which takes the piss
Reply 64
Original post by clarealev
I'm not sure, but I am really tempted by the Renaissance and Modern option... What about you?

I think the modern stream, even though I love the idea of a year in Venice I prefer modern history.
Original post by alpen
Mathematics anyone? :biggrin:

Maths here :smile:

Very excited to get started and relieved to have met the offer!
Reply 66
Original post by ThreePoint14159
Maths here :smile:

Very excited to get started and relieved to have met the offer!

Nice to meet you :smile:

What was your offer? I've heard different people with different offers, I met the A*A*A+2 in STEP one, wbu?
Reply 67
Hi, future PPEist over here :smile: A quick question regarding Arrivals Weekend: although my surname starts with M, I'm most likely coming on the 27th (instead of the 28th), do you think that my University Card and my room won't be ready because they'll be expecting me on the 28th?
Reply 68
Original post by Queen Acajou
History and Politics, do I count??

:pimp::please:

I'll let you in :tongue:
Original post by alpen
Nice to meet you :smile:

What was your offer? I've heard different people with different offers, I met the A*A*A+2 in STEP one, wbu?

You to! :smile:
It was the same as yours, got the 2 in STEP 1(so close to a 1 :'() and STEP 2 and was 1 mark off a 3 in STEP 3 so missed the Cambridge offer which I'm surprisingly totally fine with!
Will we get a reading list before we start do you know?
Any societies/ sports teams catch your eye?
Original post by im95
Hi, future PPEist over here :smile: A quick question regarding Arrivals Weekend: although my surname starts with M, I'm most likely coming on the 27th (instead of the 28th), do you think that my University Card and my room won't be ready because they'll be expecting me on the 28th?

Hi, well done for securing your place :smile: I'd probably stick with the original plan of turning up on the 27th (I'm arriving early that day and most people are likely to do the same thing, so that they have time to move in/meet people etc, the uni will expect this looking back on previous arrivals weekends)- then on the 28th you can pick up your university card :smile:
Original post by JA11K
I'll let you in :tongue:

I'm so glad I have earnt your approval :wink:

Which modules are you thinking of taking?
Reply 72
Original post by alpen
Nice choices :smile: Mine are completely different apart from sherbourne haha. I applied JM, Bluebell (pls don't give me this), Sherbourne, Rootes then Cryfields. Ahah same here, its a relief to have met the conditions, my track still hasn't updated yet though which takes the piss

Haha oh yeah :tongue: haha I'm guessing you don't want bluebell because of the price? I thought it looked really nice but is so expensive! Yeah it's such a relief, that sounds quite annoying that your track hasn't updated though, I was one of the lucky ones whose updated straight away :smile:
Reply 73
Original post by ThreePoint14159
You to! :smile:
It was the same as yours, got the 2 in STEP 1(so close to a 1 :'() and STEP 2 and was 1 mark off a 3 in STEP 3 so missed the Cambridge offer which I'm surprisingly totally fine with!
Will we get a reading list before we start do you know?
Any societies/ sports teams catch your eye?

Ah shame, different story for me really, but well done on your grades. I was 2 above a 2 for STEP I and then I got a 3 in STEP II, both papers I found were so hard, thought I was gonna get 3,U :eek:. Haha yeah, who needs Cambridge :wink:
I have no idea actually, perhaps, but I think most of the first terms will be questions and getting everyone to the same standard.
For societies I have in mind: the maths soc (ofc), debating soc perhaps, anime and manga, Rock Soc, Hip hop Soc, Warwick Atheists, Secularists and Humanists then probably the student Cinema. obviously keeping my options open haha, as for sports rounders, golf, climbing and then just a bit of badminton on the side.
Knowing how difficult the maths course is, I will probably cut this down by at least 70% :tongue:, wbu?

I'm generally just excited for freshers tbh
Reply 74
Heyy oooohhhhh.

Been accepted for Mechanical Engineering :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by ziggyl
Haha oh yeah :tongue: haha I'm guessing you don't want bluebell because of the price? I thought it looked really nice but is so expensive! Yeah it's such a relief, that sounds quite annoying that your track hasn't updated though, I was one of the lucky ones whose updated straight away :smile:

Yeah its definitely the price, bluebell looks lovely but the price is way too damn high!. Ahah I'm glad it updated straight away and that you don't have go through this :smile:, what did you get in STEP/AEA out of curiousity?
Reply 76
Original post by germanophile
Hi, well done for securing your place :smile: I'd probably stick with the original plan of turning up on the 27th (I'm arriving early that day and most people are likely to do the same thing, so that they have time to move in/meet people etc, the uni will expect this looking back on previous arrivals weekends)- then on the 28th you can pick up your university card :smile:

Oh ok, 27th it is then :smile: Which subject are you going to read and which accommodation have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 77
Original post by alpen
Yeah its definitely the price, bluebell looks lovely but the price is way too damn high!. Ahah I'm glad it updated straight away and that you don't have go through this :smile:, what did you get in STEP/AEA out of curiousity?

I completely agree! Yeah I was very glad too, also meant I could open my results slightly less nervously :smile: I got a 2 in step 1 (59) and a distinction in the aea, not sure what mark :smile: how about you?
Reply 78
Original post by Queen Acajou
I'm so glad I have earnt your approval :wink:

Which modules are you thinking of taking?

My approval is quite sought after :wink:

To be honest, I don't have a clue! You?
Reply 79
Original post by ziggyl
I completely agree! Yeah I was very glad too, also meant I could open my results slightly less nervously :smile: I got a 2 in step 1 (59) and a distinction in the aea, not sure what mark :smile: how about you?

For me it was literally all or nothing at 10 when I opened my results, so lucky you :smile:. Oh impressive, well done! :biggrin: I got 2 in step 1 (44) and a 3 in step 2 (54),boundaries were pretty ridiculous haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending