The Student Room Group

Christmas and Easter Vacations

Hey Guys! I'm international student.
I have a question about Christmas and Easter Vacations! How is it easy to travel home during them? I mean you have to learn a lot of staff and revise before the exams after Christmas, for example. How hard is that, would I have the opportunity to come home in the mid of December and do some revision there and then return to the University in 3-7 of January? Is it common situation? I can't imagine the study process, maybe it's too hard and students just sit in the library and learn something while it's Christmas outside, I don't know) Appreciate any help) Thanks!
Original post by Noodlle
Hey Guys! I'm international student.
I have a question about Christmas and Easter Vacations! How is it easy to travel home during them? I mean you have to learn a lot of staff and revise before the exams after Christmas, for example. How hard is that, would I have the opportunity to come home in the mid of December and do some revision there and then return to the University in 3-7 of January? Is it common situation? I can't imagine the study process, maybe it's too hard and students just sit in the library and learn something while it's Christmas outside, I don't know) Appreciate any help) Thanks!

It depends on the university you're going to and the course but often holoidays at uni are fairly long and luxurious compared to other places.

If you know which uni you're going to and the course you're doing you can ask people from that uni on here. :smile:
If you are doing a research degree, University holidays don't apply - its like a job and you keep working through. If you are doing a taught course then holidays are your own although obviously there will be work to complete in that time.
Reply 3
I found that even on a taught Masters, I worked through both holidays (took Christmas Day and Boxing Day off). Coursework was scheduled with deadlines which assumed that we'd be working through the holidays. If I hadn't done that, the deadlines (8 in 6 weeks in Semester 2) would have been unmanageable and the dissertation would have been badly impacted.
Reply 4
Of course some work should be done. But maybe it's possible to do it at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Noodlle
Of course some work should be done. But maybe it's possible to do it at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depending on your subject you could certainly get the library work done in advance. Most unis will have e-books and academic journals available off campus, so you can do that aspect of research from home as well as writing up and/or revision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending