The Student Room Group

Economics + Int. Relations OR Business Economics??

Which course is more employable/higher respected to employers? Please help, deciding between two very similar courses- thanks! (BA)
Bump
Sorry I don't really know much about this but I guess it really depends which unis offer them. Where are you thinking of applying?
Out of the two I would maybe say economics + international relations because I think business economics is considered as a bit of a 'mickey mouse' subject. Again, really depends on the uni though.
Original post by lilixxx1000
Bump
Sorry I don't really know much about this but I guess it really depends which unis offer them. Where are you thinking of applying?
Out of the two I would maybe say economics + international relations because I think business economics is considered as a bit of a 'mickey mouse' subject. Again, really depends on the uni though.

Firstly thank you so much for the response! I'm applying at Lancaster, and yeah I've noticed that various sources say having Business in the title alone makes it less 'prestigious' in a way? I think I'm going to go for Econ + IR :smile:
Original post by Member737,514
Firstly thank you so much for the response! I'm applying at Lancaster, and yeah I've noticed that various sources say having Business in the title alone makes it less 'prestigious' in a way? I think I'm going to go for Econ + IR :smile:

No problem :smile: I would also look at the entry requirements for the different courses - the higher they are, the better the course is likely to be :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending