The Student Room Group

#Results2014 Live blog: A-level results day - Thursday 14 August

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by She-Ra
Awesome! Congratulations you! Where's your firm? You must be hyped? Super choice of celebration songs too :smile: We expect you to boogie all day :wink:

What's your plans for the celebrations?

exeter cornwall campus to do geography. my plans for today is to get organised so i know what i am doing and dance around my room to the songs (and similar above) like an idiot haha

i have a few questions now though about the next steps. not sure where to ask them.
Original post by tgwktm
exeter cornwall campus to do geography. my plans for today is to get organised so i know what i am doing and dance around my room to the songs (and similar above) like an idiot haha

i have a few questions now though about the next steps. not sure where to ask them.

You can ask away on this thread - I'm kinda hanging out here :tongue:

I've never been but I imagine that's a pretty stunning part of the UK to go Uni :smile: We have an awesome results playlist on in the office at the moment... grooving at our desks :wink:
Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth
I did well I did well I did well!!!!!!

Oh TE! I'm sooooooo happy for you! Congratulations lovely one! You rock :smile:

Original post by jorose10
Woop woop i got into my firm univeristy - birmingham!! I'm so happyyyyyyyyy :d

Yes! Get in! Another UoB! That was my uni! #BirminghamForever :wink: What are you studying and where will you be living?? Feel free to ask me any questions about uni life there :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by She-Ra
You can ask away on this thread - I'm kinda hanging out here :tongue:

I've never been but I imagine that's a pretty stunning part of the UK to go Uni :smile: We have an awesome results playlist on in the office at the moment... grooving at our desks :wink:

i live there, have done all my life so i know the area really well it is great for geography. i couldn't see myself anywhere else really.

i managed to get my first question answered elsewhere but my second question is:

on the new students portal for exeter uni under things to do before you get here there is a section titled 'pay your fees'. it says this: 'Your Welcome email will detail any tuition fees you need to pay and the associated deadlines.' i thought that fees were paid directly by student finance so i am really confused about this now

also, when does this welcome email come through usually?
Original post by She-Ra

Thank you!!!! :hugs:

Still can't rep :sad:
Original post by She-Ra

Yes! Get in! Another UoB! That was my uni! #BirminghamForever :wink: What are you studying and where will you be living?? Feel free to ask me any questions about uni life there :smile:

I'm studying medical science and i'm staying in a bronze studio in victoria halls :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by She-Ra
Let us know how you get on buddy. Are you off to pick up your results now? Fingers crossed for you finding an awesome Clearing opportunity :smile:

YOOOOOOOOOOOO. GOT INTO UNIVERSITY OF KENT IN CLEARING.

So chuffed, didn't really look at them to begin with because of it's reputation for politics but damn, it's looking good.
Original post by Joe909
YOOOOOOOOOOOO. GOT INTO UNIVERSITY OF KENT IN CLEARING.

So chuffed, didn't really look at them to begin with because of it's reputation for politics but damn, it's looking good.

That's fantastic news! Congratulations to you! Awesome job! :smile: When do you start?
Original post by jorose10
I'm studying medical science and i'm staying in a bronze studio in victoria halls :smile:

Super! Those are the new Victoria Halls right, they have a second set of Halls now - you are so close to uni there... practically a hop, skip and a jump away! Looking forward to Freshers?

It's be great living so close to the Bristol Road too - lots of lovely places to eat, and some good pubs too. You will have a brilliant time!
Original post by tgwktm
i live there, have done all my life so i know the area really well it is great for geography. i couldn't see myself anywhere else really.

i managed to get my first question answered elsewhere but my second question is:

on the new students portal for exeter uni under things to do before you get here there is a section titled 'pay your fees'. it says this: 'Your Welcome email will detail any tuition fees you need to pay and the associated deadlines.' i thought that fees were paid directly by student finance so i am really confused about this now

I'm quoting in a couple of knowledgeable members of the team who should be able to help you with the finance query :smile:

knalchemist
x

OU student
x

The welcome email could come any moment from now - universities send them at different times, so it's impossible to give you an answer really. Sorry I haven't been much help here have I!

Let us know if you have any other questions though....

Good luck with all of your organising before freshers :h:
Original post by tgwktm

Hello - have you (I am assuming you're a UK or EU student) applied for and been accepted for student finance? I seem to remember that until you enroll, (which you tend to do when you go to uni, although, some unis allow it to be done online, IIRC) it may ask for fees.

When you enroll in person, you take your student finance letter in which they scan. The letter you take in is the one with student finance payments days, which includes your fees.

I think that message is a standard message. Until you enroll, they won't know how you're paying or who is paying.

And congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by Numberwang
13:39 The Student Room office is busy responding to your questions on the forums. If there's anything urgent you need, leave a comment in this thread or post a question on the A-level forum.

I'd like to point out the epic smarties nail varnish.
Reply 32
Original post by OU Student
Hello - have you (I am assuming you're a UK or EU student) applied for and been accepted for student finance? I seem to remember that until you enroll, (which you tend to do when you go to uni, although, some unis allow it to be done online, IIRC) it may ask for fees.

When you enroll in person, you take your student finance letter in which they scan. The letter you take in is the one with student finance payments days, which includes your fees.

I think that message is a standard message. Until you enroll, they won't know how you're paying or who is paying.

And congratulations! :biggrin:

yeah i have been accepted for student finance, i got the letter which tells me how much i am entitled to and it says on there that the tuition fee loan is paid directly to the university and that i should take that letter with me when i register, i assume that is the correct letter?
Original post by tgwktm
yeah i have been accepted for student finance, i got the letter which tells me how much i am entitled to and it says on there that the tuition fee loan is paid directly to the university and that i should take that letter with me when i register, i assume that is the correct letter?

Yes. There should be a bar code type thing on the letter. This is scanned by the uni to confirm attendance.
Reply 34
Original post by OU Student
Yes. There should be a bar code type thing on the letter. This is scanned by the uni to confirm attendance.

yeah there is at the top, thank you
Reply 35
Hey guys.

I'm slightly confused about Student Finance. I applied and got all the paper outlining my course at Sheffield etc, but now that I've gone through clearing, do I just call them up and get them to change the details ?

It's a dumb question but it seems like everyone else doesn't have the specific course/University on their SF application yet.
Original post by She-Ra

Who is your insurance if you don't mind me asking? You can call and speak to other uni's but they can't offer you a place and accept you until your insurance releases/rejects you. When that happens UCAS will automatically give you a clearing number and you can quote this to unis - does this help?

Good Luck :smile:

thank you:smile: my insurance is hertfordshire, they still havnt replied yet... is it usually this slow?or is this normal?? im being soo impatient
Original post by She-Ra
Super! Those are the new Victoria Halls right, they have a second set of Halls now - you are so close to uni there... practically a hop, skip and a jump away! Looking forward to Freshers?

It's be great living so close to the Bristol Road too - lots of lovely places to eat, and some good pubs too. You will have a brilliant time!

haha yeah i am! I detest walking, and I'm a reaallyyy slow walker so i'm glad i'm staying where i am! :biggrin: Yeah i am, i have my reservations though, i'm not really a massive drink and i hate clubs with a passion, so i'm hoping i can find people who enjoy quiet drinks in a pub without getting completely wasted! Yeah i've seen bristol road, seems good, especially the large sainsbury's! :smile: i hope so!!

Quick Reply

Latest