The Student Room Group

Anyone else waiting for GCSE results day to find out if they're in uni their firm?

The wait is killing me! 7 days to go :mad:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kayleighisonfire

Funny, but still fairly common situation to be in. Hang in there!

Out of interest, are you confident you'll get it?

Aww :hugs: You won't be the only one in that situation! Have you got the A Level grades you needed?
Reply 3
Original post by rockrunride
Funny, but still fairly common situation to be in. Hang in there!

Out of interest, are you confident you'll get it?

I'm finding it very difficult when everyone else is getting their results today and I have to wait another week.

No I'm not which is the worst part, I phoned them weeks ago and asked how likely it would be for me to still be accepted and they said I wouldn't be. Got an unconditional from my Insurance but I'm going to go through clearing instead I think.
Reply 4
Original post by Origami Bullets
Aww :hugs: You won't be the only one in that situation! Have you got the A Level grades you needed?

Yeah I did luckily :biggrin:
Reply 5
Yes!....
I'm finding it very difficult when everyone else is getting their results today and I have to wait another week.

No I'm not which is the worst part, I phoned them weeks ago and asked how likely it would be for me to still be accepted and they said I wouldn't be. Got an unconditional from my Insurance but I'm going to go through clearing instead I think.

Oh no :frown: It's pretty harsh on their part, but there's not much you can do about it. You never know though.

But with Clearing, a week down the line a lot of the good places will thin out. Are you really not keen on your insurance? If you want to go down the Clearing route, I think it would be better to get the ball rolling now.
Yeah I did luckily :biggrin:

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Oh no :frown: It's pretty harsh on their part, but there's not much you can do about it. You never know though.

But with Clearing, a week down the line a lot of the good places will thin out. Are you really not keen on your insurance? If you want to go down the Clearing route, I think it would be better to get the ball rolling now.

The subject I need hasn't even got anything to do the course I want to do at uni!

No I really don't want to and haven't for a while now. I can't apply for clearing though can I because I haven't heard back from my firm yet?

Original post by Origami Bullets
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Thank you :h:

Original post by R-PEGO
Yes!....

What subject are you waiting for your results from?
Reply 9
The subject I need hasn't even got anything to do the course I want to do at uni!

No I really don't want to and haven't for a while now. I can't apply for clearing though can I because I haven't heard back from my firm yet?

Thank you :h:

What subject are you waiting for your results from?

Maths! Messed the exam up years ago but this wait.....!!!!

That's a pain. You can, but you'd need to first reject your firm by calling and asking them to release you.
Reply 11
Original post by R-PEGO
Maths! Messed the exam up years ago but this wait.....!!!!

Same, did you do the unitised one?

That's a pain. You can, but you'd need to first reject your firm by calling and asking them to release you.

It is, I really don't understand half of what we were taught, tried getting a personal tutor but had loads of problems with it.

I really don't want to do that because I'm still hoping they'll accept me (even without the GCSE, stupid I know but I can dream right?)
It is, I really don't understand half of what we were taught, tried getting a personal tutor but had loads of problems with it.

I really don't want to do that because I'm still hoping they'll accept me (even without the GCSE, stupid I know but I can dream right?)

In that case, if you want to wait, go for it, but Clearing options will be restricted this time next week. They may well accept you without the GCSE, but it's by no means something to hope on, especially if they've told you they'll reject you without it.

Do you have any other unis in mind? Have a look at http://clearing.telegraph.co.uk/ to see if anything takes your fancy.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on :jumphug:
Reply 13
In that case, if you want to wait, go for it, but Clearing options will be restricted this time next week. They may well accept you without the GCSE, but it's by no means something to hope on, especially if they've told you they'll reject you without it.

Do you have any other unis in mind? Have a look at http://clearing.telegraph.co.uk/ to see if anything takes your fancy.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on :jumphug:

Yeah I know, if needed I guess I could take a gap year and resit but I'd rather not have to but we'll see.

I'm thinking same uni different course, I had an offer from them but declined (didn't need maths and 20 UCAS points lower)

Thank you so much for your help :h:
Reply 14
Same, did you do the unitised one?

Not a clue tbh haha just want the waiting to be over, at the same time - not knowing still means it's 50/50! I suppose offers aren't typically down to GCSE results hence the extra weeks wait! Still isn't fun though (cough* in no way do I have a countdown to the 21st (results day) on my wall! Cough*) :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by R-PEGO
Not a clue tbh haha just want the waiting to be over, at the same time - not knowing still means it's 50/50! I suppose offers aren't typically down to GCSE results hence the extra weeks wait! Still isn't fun though (cough* in no way do I have a countdown to the 21st (results day) on my wall! Cough*) :tongue:

Ahh okay, I did and we had to do 3 exams instead of the usual 2 :frown: I guess although mine said they would reject me. I hope you're right, mine was portfolio based anyway. I just want to know, I am so inpatient. It's not fun I agree. Not happy it's the 21st, I've been thinking it was the 20th for weeks :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Ahh okay, I did and we had to do 3 exams instead of the usual 2 :frown: I guess although mine said they would reject me. I hope you're right, mine was portfolio based anyway. I just want to know, I am so inpatient. It's not fun I agree. Not happy it's the 21st, I've been thinking it was the 20th for weeks :s-smilie:

Ohh yeah I did 3 aswell!...ooops sorry to have made it worse! :wink: 1 week to go!
Reply 17
Original post by R-PEGO
Ohh yeah I did 3 aswell!...ooops sorry to have made it worse! :wink: 1 week to go!

Higher or foundation? You didn't the person who corrected me an hour ago made me feel worse :frown:
Reply 18
Higher or foundation? You didn't the person who corrected me an hour ago made me feel worse :frown:

My college only did foundation but would've gone into the higher with confidence...we shall see!

Let me ask you this, despite the fact it's A- level results day, are you still checking email/track as I am 'just in case' hahaha??
Reply 19
Original post by R-PEGO
My college only did foundation but would've gone into the higher with confidence...we shall see!

Let me ask you this, despite the fact it's A- level results day, are you still checking email/track as I am 'just in case' hahaha??

Ahh I could have done either but I knew Foundation was the right choice.

Of course, that's how I found out about my insurance :h:

Quick Reply

Latest