The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At AS I got BCC and Loughborough offered me ABB to do Politics, I couldnt believe it. I then got ABD on results day and they let me in.
Reply 21
Missed mine by one mark and didn't get in.

lucky people.
On the way to becoming another cretin (MP)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I know someone whose offer was BBB and they got in with BDE :O
I was off my firm by two grades and they still wanted me for a foundation year, but I chose to go to my insurance, which accepted me even though I was one grade off. whoop :smile:
My offer was ABB had BCC and got in... i was SO angry at my grades because i worked so freaking hard! :/
SO happy that my first choice Uni accepted me though, would like to think that they saw something that showed that i am hard working and a determined student! :smile:

It's true what they say, exams CAN go wrong even if you do try really hard... that was evident for me Thursday!
Reply 25
I got accepted into the University of York with BBC :smile: Originally needed ABB to do Sociology but they let me in! Still can't really believe it! Although i've now decided to take a year out to work :smile:
So many people I know missed their offers by a massive margin and are still going, lucky people. Makes me almost wish I hadn't got so stressed over it and worked so hard :tongue:
Reply 27
Just want to say congrats on getting in! :smile: WOOP!
Reply 28
Got into York university (insurance) with one grade lower than the offer.

Needed AAB got ABB.
I have a friend who was offered AAB from Cardiff which was her firm choice and she got BBB and still got in. My other friend got ABB and needed AAB for Newcastle as her firm and she also still got in :smile:
I needed 300 points and got 270 but still got in!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Yup. Similar thing happened to me. Except, now I feel quite inferior when I hear a large number on the forums getting in to my uni with string of A*... Like, am I worthy ?!
lol, I missed my firm offer by 80 points. (I really messed up my exams) but I still got in :smile:
Reply 33
Manchester University offered me AAB for German and Spanish after my interview, I got BBC and still got in...
properly disappointed in my results as the offer was my predicted grades but, never mind things don't always turn out perfectly.
I needed AAB, got in with A* AD (damn you chemistry!!!!)
Reply 35
i needed AAAA i got ACCD and still got in. milk processing course here i come!
Reply 36
Same as me... I needed AAB and got ABC but still got into my insurance :smile:. Thank God for those vacancies.

I think it helped that I got my A & B in Maths & Further Maths :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by smd4std
i needed AAAA i got ACCD and still got in. milk processing course here i come!

Lol... sarcasm much?
My boyfriend was offered BBB, he got CDE and still got into his Uni. I got ABB, when I was offered AAB and also got in.:confused:

Maybe it was a bad year for A-levels on both of our two courses...
Reply 39
Some of you are lucky, I was down by 80 points and didn't get in :frown:

Latest