The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an offer of A*AB/AAA from Nottingham, I was shocked when they accepted me with AAB! So happy! :smile:
I needed ABB for my course. I'm not entirely sure what I got in the end because of a mix up with my music grade, but I'm pretty sure the other two grades I got were C's.

I woke up on results morning when my dad threw a letter at me, with the name of my firm university on the front. Trembling, I opened it to see I got it. The relief was unreal.

I proceeded to school to pick up my results to see that I got two Cs, and a question mark as to my other grade. I couldn't believe I'd missed my offer by at least two grades and still made it.

The next 6 weeks before I moved into university was filled with anxiety as to if it was a mistake or not. I had a feeling that any moment they'd contact me and withdraw my place.

Thankfully, I'm about to go into second year.
Reply 42
I didn't make my offer of ABB at Leeds or BBB at Liverpool, actually got CCD but still got into Swansea through clearing!
I missed my offer by 2 grades last year but still got into my firm. One year on, ive had one hell of a roller coaster year, with my highest and lowest points ive ever had, but still the best year of my life. Wouldnt change anything, even the bad, at least it wasnt boring. Freshers, enjoy the wildest year ever, remember YOLO :yy:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by MKMxo
just curious, what universities and courses are you guys referring to? :smile:

York, for psychology.
Haha, congratulations, enjoy it!
Reply 46
Yeah, I was surprised when I got in to. Needed BBB and got ABC and still got in. :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by KittKatt
Yeah, I was surprised when I got in to. Needed BBB and got ABC and still got in. :smile:

Same thing really
Original post by Nuttyclorox
Yep. Two whole grades. Mwahaha. The downside to this of course is that I'm incredibly frustrated about my failure, but I can't lie, I am over the moon about uni :biggrin:

I'd like to tell myself that they really liked me but actually I just reckon it was an unpopular course.

Anyone else have stories about not meeting the offers but getting in regardless?

Yeah, my offer was AAB. Got in on ABC. And that was law:confused:. It might hold me back in the future though, unless I do well at uni
Reply 49
Needed 320 points for Law at Hull. Got ACD; still got in. Cushty.
Original post by Rainingshame
I have a friend who needed AAA and got CCC and still got accepted....
Certain universities put up higher grade requirements to show a facade of high standards but then take much lower to fill the required spaces when the better students go elsewhere.

Which uni is this?
Reply 51
Original post by KLF25
Needed 320 points for Law at Hull. Got ACD; still got in. Cushty.

Oh come on. I met my offer of BBC with special consideration (got ABE-but could go up to AAE) and got rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Workaholic99
Which uni is this?

I think university of Manchester do this as they offered AAB for 2013 entry and are in clearing but for their 2014 they now want AAA for exactly the same course even though they didn't fill their course when the entry grades were lower :confused:
Reply 54
Original post by Nuttyclorox
Yep. Two whole grades. Mwahaha. The downside to this of course is that I'm incredibly frustrated about my failure, but I can't lie, I am over the moon about uni :biggrin:

I'd like to tell myself that they really liked me but actually I just reckon it was an unpopular course.

Anyone else have stories about not meeting the offers but getting in regardless?

Haha same situation as you I got into my dream uni which I didn't apply to at first because I thought id never get in. However through clearing I got in with ABB 2 grades lower than the requirement woohoo lool
Reply 55
Original post by BioIz
Missed my offer by a grade (offer was AAA and I got AAB) ... still got in to Imperial.

It's strange but I hardly know anyone who actually got their grades, even though they all got in anyway O.o

I've experienced the same with so many people that I know. I got into Durham even though I was a grade short and loads of my friends got into their first choices also. Maybe the fee increase has been more effective at warding people off uni than we thought it would be.
Reply 56
Original post by ElChapo
Your law career is over.

Hey, I'm just happy it didn't resort to me studying the likes of Agriculture at South Bank
I missed my offer by 60 points and STILL got in, im still buzzing
Reply 58
I needed AAA for UCL and instead I got AABB and I still never got accepted. You guys are lucky!
Original post by Lauren333
I got accepted into the University of York with BBC :smile: Originally needed ABB to do Sociology but they let me in! Still can't really believe it! Although i've now decided to take a year out to work :smile:

Jesus christ, York rejected my original application and I ended up getting A*AB for an ABB course, just shows you how broken the system is. No disrespect to you of course, i'm just being bitter :P

Latest

Trending

Trending