The Student Room Group

Has anybody ever heard of

alison.com?
I stumbled along this website as I was looking for part time courses in my area to study this academic year. I recently completed an access to HE course but didn't apply for uni in time so going to apply for 2015. However, aside from my job I'm incredibly bored so wanted to do another course part time. Came upon this website and saw they offered free online courses including diplomas and other certified qualifications.

My question for anybody who has heard of it/used it; is it any good/legit? I'd probably sign up anyway, just to read through the course content but will I get anything out of it that could go on my university application/CV? I'm not quite sure what diplomas are and was wondering if anybody could help me. Also, I see that the website works in euros (for certificates) as opposed to £'s - would it be too risky to use a foreign website?
Reply 1
Anybody?
Hey, I am doing a Diploma in Educational Psychology at the moment from ALSION and I am absolutely loving it! As far as how recognised it is, I am not too sure, however it is based in Ireland, so it is not too foreign and the course I am doing has provided me for some excellent CPD in my job! It looks quite good on your CV I am told - so you've really not got anything to lose! Go for it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending