The Student Room Group

A2 remark success stories

as the title goes does anyone know of any success stories since I've just sent some papers for remarks and I feel like I have wasted money - the papers are all for essay subjects
This isn't answering your question but how did you send them for remarking? Did you have to do it through your exams officer at school as I want to get some of mine remarked
Original post by geeeeorgia
This isn't answering your question but how did you send them for remarking? Did you have to do it through your exams officer at school as I want to get some of mine remarked

Yh I went through the exam officer at my school

Posted from TSR Mobile
friend of mine had her history of art paper go up from a D to an A! I'm thinking of remarking my english lit paper which is currently a c but i'm not sure if i should as my firm accepted me even though i missed my offer by a grade...
Original post by goodvibes
friend of mine had her history of art paper go up from a D to an A! I'm thinking of remarking my english lit paper which is currently a c but i'm not sure if i should as my firm accepted me even though i missed my offer by a grade...

Yh I'm getting my english lit paper remarked too - are you with aqa?
Original post by Teddysmith123
Yh I went through the exam officer at my school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know how long it takes to get the result back?

no OCR. good luck with your remark! i've just sent mine off.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by geeeeorgia
Do you know how long it takes to get the result back?

It depends on if you sent it for priority remark or normal remark. I sent mine of for a normal remark and was told that I should get the results within a month, but if you did priority then you would get it within the next week or so.

Good luck to you too! I hope we both get what we want - especially since we've spent so much money on it!
I had my Physics grade go up from an A to an A* last year. I got one paper remarked and needed it to go up 2 marks, which it did.

I'm getting my English lit paper remarked too >< (With WJEC)
I was 2 marks off a B which I need for uni so hopefuly~ Goodluck both with your remarks!
I need two marks on my chem paper this year
Original post by <*(((><
I need two marks on my chem paper this year

That sounds horrible! I just checked my EPQ and I was one UMS away from an A* although I've already sent my remarks off and didn't include my EPQ! Are you considering to get it remarked too?
That sounds horrible! I just checked my EPQ and I was one UMS away from an A* although I've already sent my remarks off and didn't include my EPQ! Are you considering to get it remarked too?

Definately, I got A*A*A*A so I want a full house and I was rejected on the basis of that one marginal A.
Original post by <*(((><
Definately, I got A*A*A*A so I want a full house and I was rejected on the basis of that one marginal A.

wow really what course and uni was that?
wow really what course and uni was that?

Chemical Engineering at Imperial.
Original post by <*(((><
Chemical Engineering at Imperial.

They rejected you despite getting 3A* and an A! That's absurd!
They rejected you despite getting 3A* and an A! That's absurd!

Might take a gap year if I don't get the three marks because I recon those grades and my UMS percentages might be high enough for Cambridge. I don't understand Imperial's logic.
Original post by <*(((><
Might take a gap year if I don't get the three marks because I recon those grades and my UMS percentages might be high enough for Cambridge. I don't understand Imperial's logic.

Neither do I that sounds crazy. I'm think you would stand a good chance if you did apply to Cambridge, but it also depends on GCSE's and personal statement etc...

Quick Reply

Latest