The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Students: ask us anything!

Scroll to see replies

Hiya, just wondering if someone at the uni could tell me about ironing? I.e. should we bring our own, will there be an ironing board/shared iron in our dorms etc.?
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by screamadelica
Hiya, just wondering if someone at the uni could tell me about ironing? I.e. should we bring our own, will there be an ironing board/shared iron in our dorms etc.?

Hi there,

Most of our halls of accommodation provide an iron and an ironing board as part of their laundry facilities.

If you go to the halls specifications for Reid hall (as an example), and click on 'Laundry facilities' it will tell you that they provide an iron and ironing board.

Best

Emily
Any politics and IR students?
Hello :smile: I was given a conditional offer for the BSC in International Relations course at Royal Holloway for Fall 2015 entry. I am thinking of putting Royal as my first choice and I was wondering if you knew of anyone who has taken the course and could give me feedback and their opinion on it? Also, I wanted to see if you had some insight on how student life outside of academics is at Royal. I know that there isn't much in Egham but from I've read and heard you can find things to do and places to go to easily. Is this true? Is transportation to restaurants, cinemas, shopping centres and et. available and are they not too far away?
Original post by ChiaraVale96
Hello :smile: I was given a conditional offer for the BSC in International Relations course at Royal Holloway for Fall 2015 entry. I am thinking of putting Royal as my first choice and I was wondering if you knew of anyone who has taken the course and could give me feedback and their opinion on it? Also, I wanted to see if you had some insight on how student life outside of academics is at Royal. I know that there isn't much in Egham but from I've read and heard you can find things to do and places to go to easily. Is this true? Is transportation to restaurants, cinemas, shopping centres and et. available and are they not too far away?

Hi there,

I'm sorry to see that your question from a while ago hasn't been answered by a student, so I'll see if I can help!

Egham is a small town but it has all of the basics you need - a couple of supermarkets, post office, shops, pubs and restaurants etc, all at walking distance. For larger department stores, Staines is just round the corner as is Windsor. Plus, a lot of our students go into London as there's a direct train to London Waterloo which only takes about 40 minutes.

We have a student life infographic which summarises the things to do outside of academic life at Royal Holloway. On there is a map of nearby towns/cities with tips on what to do in each of them, and how long it takes to get to them!

Hope that helps!

Emily
hello,

I am writing in regards to results day as i have been given an offer of distinction ,B,B in order to pursue the business management course that i intended however during the exams i have had i have felt that my grades may turn out to become distinction star ,B, D does this mean i still have a chance of being accepted. the reason that i am asking is because my Btec level 3 course is a grade higher then what royal holloway wanted but one of my A- level grade is considerably lower then what royal holloway needed. Also does my personal statement hold any factor into this decision on results day. i look forward to hearing from you.
Reply 106
Hi

If i plan to stay outside halls, which area is convenient for me to stay?

I'm looking for a single room with rate below than GBP 100 per week
Hi,
I was just wondering how roommates were chosen in Founders shared rooms? Is it just the luck of the draw really or is there some way to choose?
Thanks
Original post by caitlinthefab
Hi,
I was just wondering how roommates were chosen in Founders shared rooms? Is it just the luck of the draw really or is there some way to choose?
Thanks

Other than the fact that you'll be paired with someone of the same sex it's random.
Original post by :)PG
Hi

Hi there,

Most students live in Egham or Englefield Green. There are quite often current students who are currently living in a house share and have a spare room, and post on these boards asking if anyone is looking for accommodation.

Here is one as an example:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57263031#post57263031

You can also look at spareroom.com as that often hosts adverts for vacant rooms in shared properties.

I hope that helps!

Emily
Reply 110
Hii ... I have a room that you may be interested in. Its a single room (in a 5 bedroom house) and it is £400 pcm and its in very good condition. There are 3 bathrooms in the house and spacious living room and a big garden and 2 parking spaces. The room comes with a fitted study desk. 4 rooms have been taken and I took thw last one but I am going to study abroad so I sadly need to give up the room. Also the 4 other people in the house are very nice students who I lived with during the first year on campus!

Original post by :)PG
Hi

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending