The Student Room Group

AS Results lower then Expected!

Scroll to see replies

I got BCD today lol
Reply 41
Okay, I'm in the same kind of situation, I got a B in English, C/D in psychology (D overall but I'm hoping to remark) a C in general studies (i know it doesn't really count but the unis i want all accept it) and a U in law! I'm going to drop law, pick up another AS and do the extended project next year.
I wanted to do forensic psychology at Portsmouth or Worcester next year, requiring 300 points and a B in psychology.

Need some advice:
1. Shall i retake that particular psychology exam? Got a C on one and a D on the other (did worse on the easier one!??)
2. If i pick up another subject and just do it to AS, but also do my extended project, will these be enough points combined to make up for not completing whatever i pick up at AS? Say I pick up AS sociology, get a B (and don't stay on to complete to A2), and get a B in extended project, get an A in English and a B in psychology next year? will this bring me to 300 points? Plus the B/C I hope to get in general studies.

3. Also, so if am remarked and given a C in psychology, how hard will it be to get a B next year? OR if i am given a D, how hard will it be to get an overall B next year?

I need some answers because I'm stressed as hell right now, and extremely upset.
Good news is welcomed :colondollar:

Basically want to know if uni is still an option for me
some general comments as there are various people here

there isn't much point in applying to a university if your prediction does not match it's standard offer. You can risk one place on UCAS on that but not more.

if your school predict you a grade that is more than one mark up on your AS level there would need to be some explanation of why they think you can achieve it. Health issues that are now resolved are good mitigating circumstances but should be discussed with the school.

If the course you want to apply for is not available with your grades look at different universities. Bangor is a nice small university which has lower grade requirements because it's out of the way. Plymouth is another out of the way uni.
Reply 43
Help, I got my results today, and I'm not surprised there bad due to mitigating circumstances, I got a U oin biology, D in psychology and B in English language.help what do I do, I want to do a joint honours sociology and criminology degree but I have to grades ABB or AAB.I know I can do it bit how do I convince admissions tutors and my school
Reply 44
Original post by GeorgeFrainza
Im not to good in the area of conversion from grades to tariff points :/

It's 2B's and a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending