The Student Room Group

Moving Sixth Forms, and Centres that would accept me - Please help!

Hey ._.
I just got my results this morning at 10:00 am, turns out I achieved a D, E, U in Accounting, ICT and Maths respectively.

I resat this year and got those grades. I moved around a year ago and have been travelling to my Sixth Form for 2 hours everyday. I was wondering now that I have my results would it still be possible for me to move to a centre near me and I really want to continue onto doing A2 Maths and resitting my AS modules in Year 13. I have asked before on here and found out that there are centres that infact let you continue onto A2 with a U and resit the modules.

Can someone help me and does anyone know any centres that I will be able to continue onto A2 with a U in AS Maths. I live in South East London.

Thank youuuu ._.
Please dont stress yourself over this as you are worth much more than the grades you got on a piece of paper.:smile:
Reply 2
Please help >__
Reply 3
bump
Reply 4
Hello, one thing you can do is find colleges near you that do fast-track A level Maths (Both AS and A2 in one year) and just retake some of the units in the other subjects that you have. Its gonna be hard and I know how you feel ( Same situation last year).

Good luck and do not be hopeless.
Reply 5
Original post by ishackm
Hello, one thing you can do is find colleges near you that do fast-track A level Maths (Both AS and A2 in one year) and just retake some of the units in the other subjects that you have. Its gonna be hard and I know how you feel ( Same situation last year).

Good luck and do not be hopeless.

Wow I just researched fast-track courses and it looks really good. But I guess it's going to cost to do a fast-track A level math course? And what should I do about my current place in my Sixth Form. Can I do a Fast Track A-Level Maths course AND Accounting + ICT at the same College?

And do you know any Colleges that do Fast-track programs in South East London? Having a hard time trying to find some online that are near me.

._.
Reply 6
Hello there

Im from East London, so I dont know any colleges near you, sorry

But one thing you can do is private A level study for maths (£395) and retake ICT and accounting in the same or different college. You just tell the exam officer that you are doing private A level Maths. I know its expensive but on the plus side, its just written work, no practicals like science which would cost a lot more and very frustrating, my friend did it for Physics and now he is at Greenwich.

One more thing
People will joke about yr grades but dont listen to them, just work hard and you will get good grades :smile:
From Experience
Reply 7
Original post by ishackm
Hello there

Im from East London, so I dont know any colleges near you, sorry

But one thing you can do is private A level study for maths (£395) and retake ICT and accounting in the same or different college. You just tell the exam officer that you are doing private A level Maths. I know its expensive but on the plus side, its just written work, no practicals like science which would cost a lot more and very frustrating, my friend did it for Physics and now he is at Greenwich.

One more thing
People will joke about yr grades but dont listen to them, just work hard and you will get good grades :smile:
From Experience

Hey I live in South East London but go to Sixth Form in East London. So would I be able to do private A level study for Maths (AS AND A2?) for 395?

And is it too late for me to move colleges/Sixth Form?
Thanks.
Reply 8
Oh ok :smile:

Yh its the full price for the whole a level and the price varies between places ( around the 395 mark)
and its not too late to move sixth form/ colleges but u should apply straight away to other colleges.
Reply 9
Original post by +influx
Hey I live in South East London but go to Sixth Form in East London. So would I be able to do private A level study for Maths (AS AND A2?) for 395?

And is it too late for me to move colleges/Sixth Form?
Thanks.

bump
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ishackm
Oh ok :smile:

Yh its the full price for the whole a level and the price varies between places ( around the 395 mark)
and its not too late to move sixth form/ colleges but u should apply straight away to other colleges.

@ishackm Do you know any colleges in East London that would be able to do Fast Track Courses. And where should I go to seek for Private A level studies. Also does this mean I will still be able to go to my college and do the Private studying at the same time?
Reply 11
not that i know of, sorry, but kingsway westminister college in central london do fast track courses
Reply 12
Original post by ishackm
not that i know of, sorry, but kingsway westminister college in central london do fast track courses

And do you know where I should go to seek Private A level course studying? I have no clue.
Reply 13
http://www.edistancelearning.co.uk/#/fast-track-a-level-maths/4544253682

£465 for the whole maths a level AS + A2

http://www.uklearningcollege.co.uk/mathematics-a-level-full-as-a2-fast-track-course-p-198.html
£409 for the whole a- level AS+ A2 maths

you should try calling them for more info
good luck :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest