The Student Room Group

Achieved grades not sent through

I've achieved the required grades for my firm. However, to put it simply my school ****ed up. They didn't sent over the AS results to the university or something along those lines.

Now the university doesn't recognise me as having achieved one of the grades.. I've called up and sent them an email, however they're refusing to accept the transcript of my AS+A2 results, saying that they're not allowed :K:

I'm unsure of who to contact, as my school have provided me with the transcript documents but the university is unwilling to accept them. :s-smilie:

Where do I go from here?

Tbh, it's not even my fault.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
I've achieved the required grades for my firm. However, to put it simply my school ****ed up. They didn't sent over the AS results to the university or something along those lines.

Now the university doesn't recognise me as having achieved one of the grades.. I've called up and sent them an email, however they're refusing to accept the transcript of my AS+A2 results, saying that they're not allowed :K:

I'm unsure of who to contact, as my school have provided me with the transcript documents but the university is unwilling to accept them. :s-smilie:

Where do I go from here?

Have you asked the uni what exactly they will accept as proof of your grades?

Where do I go from here?

Generally it's the exam boards who send results to the university. Get your school's exam officer on this ASAP.
Reply 3
So you've got your A2 results, but the University are missing an AS result? If that's the case, all AS grades should have been on your UCAS Application before you sent it off?

Do you have your AS certificates?
Original post by ajw12
So you've got your A2 results, but the University are missing an AS result? If that's the case, all AS grades should have been on your UCAS Application before you sent it off?

Unless they took another AS alongside A2 this year...
Reply 5
You seem to know an awful lot about IB considering you're just an A2 student. Most people get the IB tingles from second year, haha. If you want to know about doing Finance as a masters, you can ask me, cos I just finished Msc Finance and Econometrics at QMUL.

I could never crack IB though, I would love to work in Global Markets or Emerging Markets though.
Reply 6
IM in the same boat but my exams officer is contacting them now. my school are contacting edexcel who have to send a receipt over as well as a stamp from my school
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Generally it's the exam boards who send results to the university. Get your school's exam officer on this ASAP.

Thanks, I've just got in contact with my exam officer and he's contacting the university to sort out the results.

I achieved A*A*A but the university sees A*A as the last result is n/a as there was no AS results sent.

Original post by godd
You seem to know an awful lot about IB considering you're just an A2 student. Most people get the IB tingles from second year, haha. If you want to know about doing Finance as a masters, you can ask me, cos I just finished Msc Finance and Econometrics at QMUL.

I could never crack IB though, I would love to work in Global Markets or Emerging Markets though.

Yeah, I read a lot of books regarding the markets and watch quite a fair few documentaries to teach myself. I'm actually interning at an IB now and have learned quite a fair bit. Nothing majorly technical but I think it's nice to get an overview of industry before university to find out if it's something I want to pursue long term and what specific divisions I would be interested in. I'll definitely get in contact if I have any queries. Thanks! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ajw12

Yup, I sent them to the admissions team via email.
Reply 9
Thanks, I've just got in contact with my exam officer and he's contacting the university to sort out the results.

I achieved A*A*A but the university sees A*A as the last result is n/a as there was no AS results sent.

Yeah, I read a lot of books regarding the markets and watch quite a fair few documentaries to teach myself. I'm actually interning at an IB now and have learned quite a fair bit. Nothing majorly technical but I think it's nice to get an overview of industry before university to find out if it's something I want to pursue long term and what specific divisions I would be interested in. I'll definitely get in contact if I have any queries. Thanks! :biggrin:

You have ages to decide, lucky you. Most people do what you did during their undergrad. I don't think i've ever seen an A Level student interning in IB before, I didn't even think they offered that, haha.

As long as you get a 2:1 you should be fine. Try and get into a division you find interesting, because finance is very very broad.
Original post by godd
You have ages to decide, lucky you. Most people do what you did during their undergrad. I don't think i've ever seen an A Level student interning in IB before, I didn't even think they offered that, haha.

As long as you get a 2:1 you should be fine. Try and get into a division you find interesting, because finance is very very broad.

It was rather quite unconventional how it all happened :lol:

Most definitely, I've been talking to a lot of the employees here trying to get an insight into what they do. I can now understand why IBD especially is incredibly difficult to break into :K:. It's a shame how markets has primarily become market making as opposed to prop trading.
Reply 11
I'm sure you'll get it sorted. And well done on getting A*A*A, that's excellent! :smile:
Reply 12
It was rather quite unconventional how it all happened :lol:

Most definitely, I've been talking to a lot of the employees here trying to get an insight into what they do. I can now understand why IBD especially is incredibly difficult to break into :K:. It's a shame how markets has primarily become market making as opposed to prop trading.

I mean I did 4 modules in finance...

1) investments
2) corporate finance
3) international finance
4) financial derivatives

and I still have no clue exactly how IB works. I mean unless you get the experience or study a Msc Investment and Finance degree, you won't have much clue.

But Finance is good at university, it's better than doing the hardcore maths/stats, which I unfortunately did at undergrad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending