The Student Room Group

Next step for A2?

So today we all got our results....I have to say i'm really frustrated with my grades.
I am only in AS but still -.-
Fine Art (D)
Graphics (U) I just wanna punch a wall
Media (C)
History of Art (E)

Okay bascially I didn't expect to pass History of Art (Because i hated every second of it) but i loved Graphics and put my all into it but NO I FAILED KMT
Anyways, I really don't know what to do next honestly? I am thinking resiting it all or carry one two A2 subjects and pick an AS (dropping History of Art) or do EPQ? If i was to pick an AS I don't even know what do to? Please help me!!!!
Original post by SarieSarang
So today we all got our results....I have to say i'm really frustrated with my grades.
I am only in AS but still -.-
Fine Art (D)
Graphics (U) I just wanna punch a wall
Media (C)
History of Art (E)

Okay bascially I didn't expect to pass History of Art (Because i hated every second of it) but i loved Graphics and put my all into it but NO I FAILED KMT
Anyways, I really don't know what to do next honestly? I am thinking resiting it all or carry one two A2 subjects and pick an AS (dropping History of Art) or do EPQ? If i was to pick an AS I don't even know what do to? Please help me!!!!

I think taking the D and the C onto A2 is a plan. Another AS would be a good way to boost your appeal to universities. Consider a more traditional A level.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I think taking the D and the C onto A2 is a plan. Another AS would be a good way to boost your appeal to universities. Consider a more traditional A level.

That's exactly what i was thinking would be my best choice but what do you mean as in 'traditional a level'?
That's exactly what i was thinking would be my best choice but what do you mean as in 'traditional a level'?

Take a look at this:
http://www.russellgroup.org/InformedChoices-latest.pdf
Reply 4

Thank you so much! i get what you mean now :smile:
Thank you so much! i get what you mean now :smile:

My pleasure.:smile:
I'd take the C through to A2 maybe.. Then pick up other subjects and chuck everything at it. If you have a passion for Graphics resit y12 of that..

I failed y12 too and resat the year. Ended up with 3A's at A2 today. Anythings possible if you put in the passion and effort, just keep trying and find subjects which you are passionate about and interested in..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending