The Student Room Group

Not enough UCAS points

Hi!
I received my results today and it says I have 270 UCAS points. However for my firm choice, I needed 280. Do you guys think or know if they would still be at to accept me in? Like comon it's just 10 points away, literally gutted! :s
Worth giving them a quick call to check. Unis can and do accept on missed offers.

Best of luck!
Reply 2
Original post by randombubble
Hi!
I received my results today and it says I have 270 UCAS points. However for my firm choice, I needed 280. Do you guys think or know if they would still be at to accept me in? Like comon it's just 10 points away, literally gutted! :s

Sometimes they will be lenient and sometimes not. Has track updated yet? If not it's worth a call.
I got accepted with 2 grades lower so they might let you in! Good luck!
Give them a call. What does track say?
Reply 5
Original post by EloiseStar
Give them a call. What does track say?

Track says that my firm has been unsuccessful and that my insurance choice has been confirmed. So stuck cause I don't know if to book a room in the insurance one or if to try to contact the firm choice one. Thanks for your help guys tho :biggrin:
Track says that my firm has been unsuccessful and that my insurance choice has been confirmed. So stuck cause I don't know if to book a room in the insurance one or if to try to contact the firm choice one. Thanks for your help guys tho :biggrin:

Your firm choice have had your results since Sunday
They know it is only 10 below but they have decided to say no anyway - their decision is unlikely to be reversed at this point
Reply 7

In that case your firm has already made their decision, so contacting them is unlikely to make a difference.

Unfortunately if it says unsuccessful they have made their decision. Try and get a room!
as above. Don't panic as most people do get rooms and go on to enjoy their insurance choice - but don't delay applying for accommodation.
Yeah that's what I thought as well! Thank you guys so much for your help it really means a lot :biggrin:
Hi!

I would not bother going to uni if you have a UCAS points shortfall as you will be barred from most good grad schemes. That was what happened to me after I got my 2.1
Original post by fat_hobbit
I would not bother going to uni if you have a UCAS points shortfall as you will be barred from most good grad schemes. That was what happened to me after I got my 2.1

270 UCAS points is a good haul and you'll find that many graduate schemes don't really look into your A-Level results all that much- they care more about your performance at university and any additional skills that you've picked up from extra curricular activities. Don't let missing out on your firm choice put you off going to university! Tens of thousands of people are placed through Clearing every year, and the vast majority of them go on to love their course and have a brilliant time!

Charlotte
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kaplan Holborn College
270 UCAS points is a good haul and you'll find that many graduate schemes don't really look into your A-Level results all that much- they care more about your performance at university and any additional skills that you've picked up from extra curricular activities. Don't let missing out on your firm choice put you off going to university! Tens of thousands of people are placed through Clearing every year, and the vast majority of them go on to love their course and have a brilliant time!

Not true. I got filtered out from many grad schemes at application stage, irrespective of my experience.
Original post by fat_hobbit
Not true. I got filtered out from many grad schemes at application stage, irrespective of my experience.

Each case is dealt with individually, however graduates are more likely to enter into higher paid employment than non-graduates.

Charlotte
(edited 9 years ago)
Each case is dealt with individually, however graduates are more likely to enter into higher paid employment than non-graduates.

The filtering done by a computer.

Charlotte

Oh yeah! I mean, I'm still definitely positive about going to uni and eventhough I didn't get into my firm choice I'm still really looking forward to going to the other university and I'm sure I will enjoy it, as most of the people will :biggrin:
Oh yeah! I mean, I'm still definitely positive about going to uni and eventhough I didn't get into my firm choice I'm still really looking forward to going to the other university and I'm sure I will enjoy it, as most of the people will :biggrin:

Glad to hear it randombubble! I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time!

Charlotte

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending