The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Anyone staying at Derby Hall?

Hi I am going to study pharmacy this September and I am staying in Derby Hall. Just wondering if anyone else is staying there? :smile:
Original post by Hatty1996
Hi I am going to study pharmacy this September and I am staying in Derby Hall. Just wondering if anyone else is staying there? :smile:
I'm also staying in Derby Hall :smile: Have you visited it before? No idea what it's like!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi! No I haven't looked around it but on the photos it looks really nice :smile: what are you studying?
Original post by Hatty1996
Hi! No I haven't looked around it but on the photos it looks really nice :smile: what are you studying?
I'll be studying Chemistry :smile: What type of room have you gone for?
Hey, I'm staying at Derby Hall too, I visited it back around January time (way before I even knew I was staying there!) and it is great, apparently it's won the best hall last year :biggrin: Do you know when we find out more info about or actual rooms - like the address and stuff?
Original post by A is for Alice
Hey, I'm staying at Derby Hall too, I visited it back around January time (way before I even knew I was staying there!) and it is great, apparently it's won the best hall last year :biggrin: Do you know when we find out more info about or actual rooms - like the address and stuff?

Hi, that's such a relief to hear! Derby Hall is like the only hall i didn't get to visit on the open day, so I was wondering what it would be like :tongue: I've heard rumours that we don't find out what room we are staying in until we arrive for freshers (Think I saw it on the Nottingham Accomodation thread) :redface: Would be nice to at least know bed size & carpet colour so I know what bedding colour to go for haha!:biggrin: What course will you be studying?
There are 100 other people stayingi Derby Hall at Nottingham here https://www.facebook.com/groups/342008242612909/
Original post by prittylittleliar
Hi, that's such a relief to hear! Derby Hall is like the only hall i didn't get to visit on the open day, so I was wondering what it would be like :tongue: I've heard rumours that we don't find out what room we are staying in until we arrive for freshers (Think I saw it on the Nottingham Accomodation thread) :redface: Would be nice to at least know bed size & carpet colour so I know what bedding colour to go for haha!:biggrin: What course will you be studying?

I think all notts accommodation now haas 3/4 size beds - as for the colour scheme I'm afraid I can't help there though :L I can't wait to find out who my neighbours are going to be! What sort of room are you staying in? I'm doing English with creative writing, I stalked the top of the thread and saw you're doing chemistry, what A-levels did you take?
I think all notts accommodation now haas 3/4 size beds - as for the colour scheme I'm afraid I can't help there though :L I can't wait to find out who my neighbours are going to be! What sort of room are you staying in? I'm doing English with creative writing, I stalked the top of the thread and saw you're doing chemistry, what A-levels did you take?

Shared Ensuite :smile: What room type have you gone for? Did biology, chemistry, french & maths at AS-level & dropped french for A2. What A-levels did you take (obviously english was one :tongue:)?
Original post by prittylittleliar

The rooms in Derby's B block (the shared ensuite block) are lovely - really large with decent sized bathrooms. Here's a panorama of one of the rooms, so you can see the colour scheme. Oh yes, and 3/4 sized beds is right. Get a 3/4 sized fitted sheet, but go for double sized duvet etc so you can use it in the future.

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Crumpet1
The rooms in Derby's B block (the shared ensuite block) are lovely - really large with decent sized bathrooms. Here's a panorama of one of the rooms, so you can see the colour scheme. Oh yes, and 3/4 sized beds is right. Get a 3/4 sized fitted sheet, but go for double sized duvet etc so you can use it in the future.

Thanks! You're right, they look really nice. Did you stay there/Do you know if the ensuites are nice too?:smile:
Reply 11
I think all notts accommodation now haas 3/4 size beds[/QUOTE]

Sorry but this is incorrect. Majority are still standard singles.

Your hall will contact you in the next couple of weeks to tell you which size bed you have.

You will not be given the opportunity to change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending